Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advise please re: Midland (MCM)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advise please re: Midland (MCM)

Now I am still learning a lot from these forums (just found them yesterday).
I have a question...

Keep in mind that I wasn't aware at the time of the proper way to go about these things.
Last year (I don't have the dates handy at the moment) I received a collections notice from MCM - OC Tribute Mastercard, $675.28. Now, I have never had a Tribute Master so I immediately called them and and left a message that I had no knowledge of this account and that they would need to provide me with information such as when it was opened, how, etc.
I didn't hear back from them so I called and left a similar message one week or so later. A few weeks later (7/27/2007) I received a letter stating:
"The purpose of this letter is to request your assistance so that we may reach a quick resolution to your dispute.
We are attempting to verify your dispute and it would be helpful to have a copy of any documentation you may have that substantiates your dispute. In the interim, we have requested that the three major consumer credit reporting agencies change the status of this account to 'Disputed.'
blah blah blah

I believe I called them back again and left another message that I could not provide that with any information because I had no knowledge of the account and that they would need to prove to me it was mine.
Well, that was the end of it until today. I was going through some papers on my desk and found an unopened envelope from MCM. I don't know how I didn't see it before. Opened it up and there was another collections notice from them (now for $693.59) dated 10/05/2007. I did not receive any verification at any time yet they are still collecting. I don't think I have received any additional letters from them since that October letter and this account is not reported on any of my credit reports.

So, I guess my question now is, should I send them a DV letter or is it too late since the last letter I received is from 10/2007?

Apologies for the length! Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advise please re: Midland (MCM)

Yes, DV CMRRR.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advise please re: Midland (MCM)

Thank you very much! I already have it ready to go but wasn't sure if I could still (or should still) send it!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.