Frequent Contributor
Slab

Aging of oldest account

My oldest account is 14 years and 11 months. When it reaches 15 years next month, can I expect a small score increase? I know that AAoA is rounded down but not sure if Account Age seems to not be rounded or, at least my FICO reports have it in months and years. So, just to be clear, my question is, do yearly anniversary dates when they reach a new year increase ones score?

Equifax FICO 781, Transunion FICO 821, Experian FICO 807,

810 goal on all three by 3-1-2015
Revelate

Re: Aging of oldest account

[ Edited ]

Slab wrote:

My oldest account is 14 years and 11 months. When it reaches 15 years next month, can I expect a small score increase? I know that AAoA is rounded down but not sure if Account Age seems to not be rounded or, at least my FICO reports have it in months and years. So, just to be clear, my question is, do yearly anniversary dates when they reach a new year increase ones score?

Qualified maybe: anecdotally seems to be an uptick at the six month mark and possibly at the year mark or further out; that said, 15 years is a long time on any tradeline and given the typical diminishing returns in the algorithm every successive uptick (on the assumption it exists in the first place, never really been confirmed either way and it's hard to track down) and as such I wouldn't expect much if any score improvement when it ticks over 15 years.  On the other hand, it could be a magic number for all we know just that's statistically unlikely even if what I asserted on individual tradeline seasoning is absolutely correct.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
user5387

Slab wrote:

I have seen an old posting here that suggests that bucketing for some people is driven by the age of the oldest tradeline.

I don't know for sure if this is true, or what the brackets would be for a given bucket.

Valued Contributor
takeshi74

[ Edited ]

Slab wrote:

So, just to be clear, my question is, do yearly anniversary dates when they reach a new year increase ones score?

We don't know for certain.  We don't know the details of the various scoring models.  All we have to go on is aggregated anecdotal evidence and there are issues with relying on that information to reverse engineer the scoring models.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}