Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert from Experian about HP..???

tag
nax
Regular Contributor

Alert from Experian about HP..???

Yesterday I Recievec an alert from my Experian monitoring service (I'm crazy I pay for all 3) that a HP was made to my Experian report  from USF Credit Union. That's the colleague DW is attending and they have their on credit union. Apparently she decided to open an account with them and put me down as an authorized user... BAMM HP to my Experian File!! I did not authorize this, she had no idea they were doing this. And back to the whole I did NOT authorize this! I was not present, no ID was checked no proof given.. WTH!  And I've tried to dispute HPs before! They say you can dispute them but we all know that dispute button is their just as a page filler and actually does squat. 

So what do I do now, deal with it even though it's going to drive me mad every day for the next 2 years?!?

aplogies for iPad typos!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Alert from Experian about HP..???

You can try to dispute it but I wouldn't expect anything from it.  Best bet for you is to chalk it up to learning and to communicate better.  Expect an HP when joining a CU.  An HP is really no big deal.  Effect starts to taper off at 6 months and it's not even considered after 1 year.

Message 2 of 4
nax
Regular Contributor

Talked to the bank, basically they don't care who gave them the information so even in fraud circumstances they will not remove the pull. Talked to CB they said too bad why don't you lock your credit file, well that crap is bull too because I had it locked down when my identity was stolen and I still got 4 HPs from Chase on the same day, that are still their also after multiple disputes with police reports. Basically I've learned it's like being in a mugging, you have no choice, you are violated, you don't get things returned and talking to the police is a waste of time.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

What exactly do you mean by authorized user in this context? You mention your wife opened a CU account -- I would take that to mean a bank account in which case you may have been added as a joint owner and a pull should be expected (as they're common when opening checking accounts). If you really do mean that your wife applied for a CC and added you as an authorized user of that card, I would argue that there is no permissible purpose since they are not extending you credit and you did not initiate the transaction or otherwise authorize the request.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.