Senior Contributor
ilovepizza

Re: All Baddies

MidnightVoice wrote:

princessofpink wrote:
I found out this morning that this isn't necessarily true. My new Carnival Seamiles card appeared on my EX pull this morning and bumped it up 10 points. I believe that its because of the utilization but I'm not really sure since mine should have been pretty decent to begin with.

ilovepizza wrote:
How many tradelines do you have?
New credit drops scores in the short term for many months. In the long term the credit cards will impact your score nicely.

I think it depends partly if one is in the "4-6" or "about 42" credit cards club. :smileyhappy:

Hi. Interesting. princessofpink, Was their an inquiry with that new account? Can you please post what happens after your new card reports a balance if score changes Pos-Nutral-Neg. Thanks. I will reword my posts from now on. I too have gotten a boost when I should have seen a dip, but I didn't have an inquiry so that made sense to me. Good repost! Please keep us informed what happens.
If we never set higher goals we would never get as far.
sol, credit 101, acr, abbreviations, calc
Frequent Contributor
jaguls66

Re: All Baddies

one TL, a secured card I JUST opened. and the only other even semi-positive is the my child support seems to be showing up as an open account with 0 lates. FICO said as far as they could see wasn't hurting my scores, and probably helping them some. I think I may be the first person in history with a -100 FICO. Or at least it feels that way for now. Although I know, from things I have learned here, that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. And it may not even be from a train coming.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+