cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All known CRA's (including lexis nexis)

tag
BlueSpades

All known CRA's (including lexis nexis)

Hello everyone. I'm new to learning how to repair my own credit and I also recently became aware that my identity was stolen through Identity theft. Of course I know to check with the three major bureaus for any incorrect information, but I've recently become aware that lenders also use other CRA's in addition.

There is:

Equifax

Experian

Transunion

LexisNexis

Teletrack

Innovis

Chexsystems

That's all that I know of. Are there any other agencies that lenders routinely use that I should know about? Very concerned that false information about myself is floating around out there.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Re: All known CRA's (including lexis nexis)

chex system, they track bounced checks and other non payments

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 2 of 10
BlueSpades

Oh dang, I almost forgot about them, thank you....I'll be checking with them soon as well.

Message 3 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Here's an older thread with many more listed:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Some-of-the-Lesser-Known-Evils/m-p/16946/highl...

I've purchased cars, obtained CCs, bought our first home, etc. all within the past several years and the only reports my lenders ever referenced were the big 3, and Chex too when opening new bank accts or joining some CUs.

Message 4 of 10
BlueSpades

Thank you llecs. I feel like I have a long arduous process ahead. It's such a shame there are so many "data mining" agencies. I just can't wrap my head around the legality of this, it feels so "1984"-ish. Guess it would help if the politicians weren't snugly inside their pockets Smiley Indifferent And I really can't begin to imagine who might have what on me...I would like to get back to the good old days where I could apply for and receive most any loan / credit card I wanted.

Message 5 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 6 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Cant recall the specific name, but one of the Big 3 (think its EX) uses a smaller CRA in the midwest to handle their files and reporting in that area.

Message 7 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Cant recall the specific name, but one of the Big 3 (think its EX) uses a smaller CRA in the midwest to handle their files and reporting in that area.

CSC

Message 8 of 10
BlueSpades

Just found out about BeenVerified...just adding that to this list

Message 9 of 10
BlueSpades

Bump....anyone want to add anything else?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.