cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All these years trying to fix my credit and just noticed my name on my EQ report is wrong

tag
marty56
Super Contributor

All these years trying to fix my credit and just noticed my name on my EQ report is wrong

7+ years trying to repair my credit and I just noticed my name on my EQ report is Martine.

I just did an online dispute with EQ to change my name to Martin.  Interestingly enough they have Marty as an alias and a mixed up spelling of my last name as well.  My SSN and adress are correct.  It also explains why I sometimes see pre-approval offers to Martine.  It hasn't been an issue as far as I know and I don't know how long it has been wrong.

Anyone have experience with correcting their name on their CR.  Any potential issues in doing that?

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: All these years trying to fix my credit and just noticed my name on my EQ report is wrong

Having your personal identifiers correct is important, as they are what are used to match reporting with your file.  It could result in your reporting being matched with someone else's file, and vice-versa.  The unique identifiers are the most important, such as SSN, but if a furnisher reports without a unique identifier, they will use other identifiers, such as full name and address, to do the match.

I would contact the CRAs and your current creditors with a correct list of your personal identifiers to ensure they are in sync.

When sent to the CRAs, include proof of identity, such as copies of IDs/bills showing your full name and current address.

Message 2 of 5
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: All these years trying to fix my credit and just noticed my name on my EQ report is wrong

On one of my reports it actually has my last name as my first name, & my first name as my last name.  I tried to get them to correct it, since it seems (to me!) like an obvious error, but no go.

Message 3 of 5
marty56
Super Contributor

I just checked the status of my requested and they said it was completed.  They stated that they deleted the bad former name and address but no mention of correcting my name.  I will call them tomorrow and see what is up.

Message 4 of 5
marty56
Super Contributor

Name has been correct on my CR.  Kudos to the EQ online dispute system.

Kudos to this post for the telephone number to get a real person at CSC

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Equifax-vs-CSC-Credit-Services/m-p/3464/highli...

LOL I only tried this with my BofA derog  7 years ago.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.