cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All three fico scores for free every month, finally!

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: All three fico scores for free every month, finally!

@sarge12 wrote:

I am by the change to Citi Costco card now getting all 3 fico scores free. Amex Blue cash everyday gives fico from exp, Discover gives fico from TU, and when the Costco changed to Citi, I found out they pull fico from Equifax. No longer necessary to pull scores from Myfico...Woohoo!

Make sure you're considering the specific scoring model and not just the CRA.  FICO doesn't have just one model.  See also the Understanding FICO Scoring subforum and its stickies.

Citi provides a FICO 8 Bankcard which is not the same thing as FICO 8 which is what AmEx and Discover provide.

You also need to consider the relevance of any model/CRA combo.  Is a creditor doesn't use that model/CRA combo in its decision then the combo is not relevant to that creditor's decision.  Don't just assume that you can rely on only one model for all creditors and products out there.

@SouthJamaica wrote:

I don't think the FICO Bankcard 8 score is so far removed from FICO 8. On my last 2 reports, my EQ FICO 8 was just 1 point lower than my Bankcard 8. 

You can't assume broad trends based on insufficient sample data.  It really depends on your report data.  The variance between my EX FICO 8 and my EX FICO 8 Bankcard has not been consistent.  You cannot use a score generated by one model to determine a score generated by a different model.  If you want to know what your FICO 8 is with a given CRA then you need to pull that specific score.  You cannot use a FICO 8 Bankcard (or any model other than FICO 8) to determine FICO 8.  FICO 8 and FICO 8 Bankcard are not even on the same points scale.

Models can be coincidentally close or even produce the same number in some cases but you cannot assume causality based on coincidence.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.