09/08/07

TU:  667
EX:  646
EQ:  626

10/01/07

TU:  691
EX:  668
EQ:  662

I am almost a member of the 700 club (at least with TU)!!  I can almost feel it!

Quick question for the forum, I am about to move to an apartment complex (hit me with a hard inquiry through EQ Smiley Mad) and I have to have the utilities set up.  My question is whether they will pull hard inquiries for utilities.  It has been so long I cannot remember what they do.

If they do pull a hard inquiry, has anyone had any luck getting them to recode them to soft?  Any advice on how to approach the apartment complex to recode it to soft?

Thank you all for your help!  I still have 2 baddies I am working on.  I hope EX and EQ will eventually show me some love and catch up with TU!

Thanks again.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Almost a Member

Wahooo good work!  700 is right around the corner for ya.

Regarding apartments etc, while dealing with rentals I have found not one RE agent who turned down my self provided current CBRs.

Regarding utilities, call and ask.  Write down who you spoke with etc.  Find out if you are legally required to provide your SSN to be provided service, or if they are forced to without a SSN and will just limit balance you can carry.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice work-
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats John! You are working the system, and making the system work for you! WTG!
Message 4 of 6
future
Frequent Contributor

wtg!!!!!!!!!!!!!  keep up the good work, isnt the reward grand
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Work it John ,work it.....Congrats to you!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.