Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I a lost cause?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Am I a lost cause?

Hi I am new and I need help. my credit report from two of three bureaus is 0 and from the third it is a 520. I have very little debt (under $500.00) but my score is abysmal, any hope for me?
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Am I a lost cause?

Sounds like your credit file is thin. The good news from that is that you don't have many "baddies" anchoring your score down. If you tell us more about what is on your credit report, we can give you some recommendations on how to best proceed.
Message 2 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Sounds like your credit file is thin. The good news from that is that you don't have many "baddies" anchoring your score down. If you tell us more about what is on your credit report, we can give you some recommendations on how to best proceed.

Thank you for your reply. I have something from a towing company (have no idea what that is, but perhaps a car that I junked a few years ago), a $59 gas company collection, a small claims default judgment and a $376 collection for a credit card account. The credit card account was from one of those secured cards (based upon a savings account). The credit card account was closed and I was refunded the balance in the savings account but now I see it is showing up as a collection, which doesn't make sense to me. Sorry for all of the detail here. Thank you for your reply. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Angelfan, No one in this forum is a lost cause!!!!!
DO NOT say you are sorry about the details!!!!  we need all that info & more.
DO NOT feel ashamed, we are all here for the same reason.
You will find very nice people here and they will all try to help you.
I am new here also & have received more help then I can say.
If you ask a question & do not understand the answer that someone might give you, ask again.
Please give us more info. from your CR  

towing company--dates   who is the creditor that claims that you owe?

Collection name & date
example:

joe blow inc.    date  7/2002       amount$$

name of CA     date  7/2001       $59.00
We need this info. so we can tell you where to call,or write to. You will also find a link that has the info. needed on these letters.

Message 4 of 33
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Welcome, angelfan!  As NewWorldMan is responding, and he's an expert at this stuff, let me just tell you that -- from all I've learned in this forum -- NO ONE is a lost cause!  Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should have seen my report in january....Smiley Sad
There are some touching stories in here and it sounds like you can
be up and running in short order, these guy's will guide you thru so
welcome and keep coming back...( seems I heard that somewhere )
Message 6 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're never a lost cause until death. Hmm. I think I'll embroider that onto a tea towel.
Message 7 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much! I feel better already! I will write back with the details (name of CA and dates etc.) Thank you!
Message 8 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the info that I have: Tows R Russ $1,183.00 July 01, 2007 (date reported) So Calif Gas $56.00 July 01, 2007 (date reported) Time Warner $59.00 May 01, 2004 (date reported) I also have the following listed as: "Collection on debt to: Not on Record" The CA is listed as: 4657c00000 and the original lender is "not on record" the debt amount is $82.00 and the date reportede is May 01 2007. I also have the following two items listed on my CR as "accounts": Hsbc Nv date opened: 5/2005 $162 (balance) and status as: 90 days past due Palisades date opened: "not on record" $376 (balance) and status as 120+days past due This appears to be everything (I think). I don't know what the towing is from and I have no idea what the "Palisades" is or what the "not on record" debt of $82.00 is for. I think that the Hsbc Nv might be an Orchard credit card (based on a savings account) that I opened up a few years ago, but this account was never activated and the company returned the balance of the savings account that I opened with them via check. So I am unclear as to why (if it is Orchard) they would report on me when I never used the card and they were using my funds for any credit that would be extended. But I never ended up using it. Okay, enough rambling. Thank you again for all of your support!
Message 9 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

A lot of the stuff came up on my fico as "not ion record" and missing some important details.
The score watch is very useful and I am happy with the product but when you are trying to clear stuff up, it is better to have a vivid picture including details on who holds the account, what their address is, what the account number is (they **** the last four numbers, but you can call from the contact telephone to get this info)

I signed up with true credit for a free trial, it gives the full transunion report with much of the missing data included on it, as well as these adresses you will need to contact the companies with PFD if you still owe money, or GW if you paid in full or settled.

I have a 518, and am very hopeful.

Truecredit.com
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.