Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I right?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Am I right?

I have been reading about HIPAA and medical collections and I understand that once the account is paid we have the right to have the account deleted from the credit report.  I found a letter here   Can I send this letter to the collection agencies that are reporting.  Do you have to contact them first or not?

Thanks

Message Edited by ncyjse on 06-06-2007 05:12 AM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Am I right?

"This letter is intended for the original creditor health care provider and is designed to obtain a deletion from credit reports, and stop collection agency activity.

It is NOT applicable if the account is valid and you are unable to pay it.

It will ONLY work if the claim is either INACCURATE, or you remit the valid correct amount due with the letter."

If the debt ain't yours, you can dispute it as not mine. Nothing in FCRA or HIPPA I'm aware of that says a paid collection cannot be reported. I call B.S. on this letter.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did a little more searching. I would post the link, but Barry would delete it. Over on CIC, the whychat HIPPA letter was recently discussed, and the conclusion was that it is someone's wacky interpretation of FCRA, HIPPA or both. Don't use it.
Message 3 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Agreed. And you should edit out that link to the WhyChat site.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The account is for medical services to us but the medical facility never billed the health insurance. CA just submitt4ed the claims to health insurance and they are paying.  What can I do to have that removed from CR.     I will try to edit that message but I found that link here in this forum with steps to follow.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ughh... I saw that the day AFTER I sent my payment to the Hospital.    Smiley Mad  Now I have no chance for a PFD with them since it's paid in full.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.