cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I screwed? (another Arrow debacle)

tag
dieselcafe
Contributor

Re: Am I screwed? (another Arrow debacle)

Regarding pfd and gw letters,  I talked to the collection rep who handles my account at Arrow,  he told me that if I wanted to send him a letter, please fax it to him because if i mail the letter out, the letter will never get to him but the corporate office. He gave me his fax number. 

Should I fax the letter to him?
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same problem--First Premier and Arrow.  Arrow told me they never delete and all they would do was send me a letter that I could use to dispute the CR's myself after I had paid.  I did pay them over the phone.  I was convinced that once they had my money they would never send me that letter, and there was nothing I could do about it.  About 2 weeks later I did get my letter  from Arrow stating "paid in full."  First Premier and Arrow entries on my CR's were also updated as "paid."  Hope that helps.
Message 12 of 14
dieselcafe
Contributor

I think it depends on the rep you talked to.  the rep I talked to did not ask me to set up a payment at all.  He asked me how much I would be able to pay this month (january); I told him I would pay $200. he said ok and offered me a settlement over the phone.  He then sent me a settlement letter in the mail.  I started making payment after that.
Message 13 of 14
Dawn
Established Contributor

argonne wrote:
Well, just put a stop pay on the electronic withdrawl.  This may tick them off, but I really don't care.  I sent a PFD about a week and a half ago, so they can accept that or they're not receiving payment from me.  I am worried, though, that they have my account information and may just try to submit payment again....then that would be an unauthorized withdrawl.  I am thinking it may be a good idea to open a new account and close the current one.  I did have to pay a $30 stop payment fee, but it's well worth it knowing that i now have a better oppurtunity of getting it off my reports!!!
I don't have time right now to dig up the other banking guidelines, but my understanding is that you would need to follow up with the CA and notify them that you no longer authorize them to access your account. They probably have a recorded conversation that spells out the amount and date they were authorized for but that shouldn't extend to another date ... but better to cover all your bases.

I would think a letter sent CMRRR would be needed to be able to validate your claim that any further transactions are unauthorized.  You can purchase a lesser expensive electronic version of the receipt that you can access online.  If you go with the traditional green card and decide after mailing that you want the receipt sooner, you can pay an additional fee to be able to access it online.

If you haven't already explained to the bank what you are trying to accomplish and why .... they may better advise you as to whether you should close the account and open a new one.  I can't think of what all the pros and cons might be for one way or the other.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.