cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I wasting money? How do you monitor your credit?

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Am I wasting money? How do you monitor your credit?

I do get TU FICO 8's from Discover and Barclaycard, an EX FICO 8 from AmEx, an EX FICO 8  Bankcard from FNBO and an EQ FICO NextGen from PenFed, however, I really don't rely on these and find the report data much more useful.  If I was using a paid service I'd probably want daily pulls of all 3 reports.  FICO's would just be gravy for me.

@jologan79 wrote:

What credit services are you all using?

A more useful approach would be for you to tell us what you're specifically looking for from a monitoring service or services and then we can make some recommendations relevant to you.

Selecting monitoring services isn't one-size-fits-all or else we'd all use the exact same solution(s) and no one would use the alternatives.  People have differening needs/wants/priorities/preferences/budgets/etc.  Help us to understand all that and we can make suggestions reelvant to you versus just suggesting what we use regardless of relevance to you.

Message 11 of 14
98Supra
Established Member

@jologan79 wrote:

I'm trying to cut some expenses and I'm looking at cutting my credit montioring services.

As of now I have the following services:

1. myFICO - $29.95

2. Equifax - Family Plan $29.95

3. Experian - $19.95

4. Transunion - $16.95

so I'm paying close to $100 a month for credit services...

I only got these so I can keep up, update each report whenever I want to. 

What credit services are you all using?

If you were to call and cancel your subscription, you would be presented with a huge discount for those services. 

From personal experience, you can slash pricing upwards of 50% on the monthly billing. 

Message 12 of 14
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, that's wasting money. If you're a AAA member, you can monitor all three of your credit reports for only $4.95 a month!   Smiley Very Happy

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

For credit report summary information I use the following free services:

1) Credit Karma for Equifax and TransUnion

2) Credit.com for Experian

For monthly free Fico scores I have:

1) Discover card - Fico 8 Classic from TransUnion

2) American Express - Fico 8 Classic from Experian

3) AT&T Universal (Citi) - Fico 8 Bankcard from Equifax

It's unrelated, but I just wanted to tell you that you are my credit score jedi. When I read the forums I always find myself checking to see if people post their scores. Yours made me do a double take! JOB WELL DONE!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.