jhigh

AmEx is not my friend.

Two questions. I had a $38 balance on an AmEx Card, even though I PIF'd and closed the card in 2005. I think it might be some finance charge or something. Regardless, it was charged off. I sent AmEx a DV letter on June 5. They still haven't responded. Based on my understanding of the FCRA, if they don't get back to me in 30 days, I get to have the derrogatory item removed automatically. Is that true? I called them today and explained this to them, and they wouldn't budge. They said it would show "paid in full" but that it was sent to collections. Can I enforce their mistake on them? How? Second, is a "paid in full, but went to collections" item as bad as another item, or should I let sleeping dogs lie on this one? If it only a few points, no big deal. But if it is worth trying to go after, I'm game. I guess the question is, are there different weights of FICO mistakes? How bad is this one? Thanks for reading. I'd appreciate any help. . .
New Contributor
Help

Re: AmEx is not my friend.

Try a GW

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}