Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx sent me a new card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmEx sent me a new card

I had posted a question about this before, but I thought I'd mention this.

I asked AmEx to backdate my new Blue Cash CC that I just applied for on the 27th of March, I was approved and they sent me the card next day air VIA UPS, and that card naturally said Member Since 11, now today I get in the mail another card that says Member Since 91, I never asked for them to send me a card that said that (I'm not complaining, believe me).

My question is.....is this normal? I know I asked about backdating and all in another thread and I was under the impression (based on what the AmEx customer rep told me) that backdating was just within their system, but you all told me that if it says "Member Since 91" on my online account, next to account summary, that's how it would report to the 3 bureaus (much to my surprise, I thought it was only in AmEx's system).

So now that I have an AmEx CC in my hand that says Member Since 91 I feel really really confident that it will report as opened in 91, not that I doubted you all but, I did have my concerns like "this is to good to be true" but now I really feel confident.

I might even see a nice little gain in points from this, I do have an AmEx opened in 84 (AU) listed on my reports, but still this 20 year old card should add some "AAoA" shouldn't it? It wont do anything for "Length of History" because this cards younger than the one listed as opened in 84 correct?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DI
Super Contributor

Re: AmEx sent me a new card

@Anonymous wrote:

I had posted a question about this before, but I thought I'd mention this.

I asked AmEx to backdate my new Blue Cash CC that I just applied for on the 27th of March, I was approved and they sent me the card next day air VIA UPS, and that card naturally said Member Since 11, now today I get in the mail another card that says Member Since 91, I never asked for them to send me a card that said that (I'm not complaining, believe me).

My question is.....is this normal? I know I asked about backdating and all in another thread and I was under the impression (based on what the AmEx customer rep told me) that backdating was just within their system, but you all told me that if it says "Member Since 91" on my online account, next to account summary, that's how it would report to the 3 bureaus (much to my surprise, I thought it was only in AmEx's system).

So now that I have an AmEx CC in my hand that says Member Since 91 I feel really really confident that it will report as opened in 91, not that I doubted you all but, I did have my concerns like "this is to good to be true" but now I really feel confident.

I might even see a nice little gain in points from this, I do have an AmEx opened in 84 (AU) listed on my reports, but still this 20 year old card should add some "AAoA" shouldn't it? It wont do anything for "Length of History" because this cards younger than the one listed as opened in 84 correct?

It's normal for AMEX to backdate accounts.  But many have to inquire about it.  A seasoned CSR must have handled your account and changed it without you having to ask.  Lucky you!!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the confusion, I had mentioned in an earlier post that I did call and ask AmEx to backdate my card, but I did not ask them to send me a new card that said "Member Since 91" thats what I was asking if that was normal, for them to automatically send out a new card showing the backdated date?

Obviouslly when I got my first Blue Cash card it said "Member Since 11" I just didn't expect them to send a new card showing the date of 91.

It's no biggie, I was just curious.

Message 3 of 4
android01
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry for the confusion, I had mentioned in an earlier post that I did call and ask AmEx to backdate my card, but I did not ask them to send me a new card that said "Member Since 91" thats what I was asking if that was normal, for them to automatically send out a new card showing the backdated date?

Obviouslly when I got my first Blue Cash card it said "Member Since 11" I just didn't expect them to send a new card showing the date of 91.

It's no biggie, I was just curious.

Yes, it is standard operating procedure for them to send you a new backdated card once your backdated member since date has been confirmed.

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.