Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon FICO score

tag
ralvarez2678
New Contributor

Amazon FICO score

how accurate is the FICO score from Amazon card? it shows i'm at 651 right now and not complaining at all since i had to rebuild from low 500's a couple of years ago.

i was just curious that's all. thanks in advance

Capture.JPG

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon FICO score

@ralvarez2678 wrote:

how accurate is the FICO score from Amazon card? it shows i'm at 651 right now and not complaining at all since i had to rebuild from low 500's a couple of years ago.

amazon fico score

Quite accurate, because it's a Transunion FICO 8 score. Do take note, though, that that score is only updated once a month, so it's entirely possible for the score to be correct on the day it was pulled and out of date a few days later (happened to me last month, in fact; it was 640 on May 30th when Discover pulled, 643 when Synchrony pulled a week or so later, and 646 when Apple FCU pulled on June 17th).

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So this question/answer pertains to the synchrony card ... I've never seen a FICO score available on my Chase Amazon account.
Message 3 of 6
ralvarez2678
New Contributor

sorry for the late reply but you were right joe8185 as my score went down to 648 after it updated.

thanks for the info.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ralvarez2678 wrote:

amazon fico score

I believe it is accurate at the time they pull your credit report.  Though as others have said it can be out of date the very next day.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

ALL FICO scores are accurate.  There are 3 variables that go into the score.  The scoring model, the credit bureau data used and the point in time that the score was generated.  If these 3 variables are the same from 10 different sources, all 10 sources will provide you with the same exact score.  I think often people think that the source matters with respect to the score provided, when the source has nothing to do with it, but rather the 3 variables listed above that the source uses to generate that score.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.