cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Store Card new statement after address change?

tag
Ajones1992

Amazon Store Card new statement after address change?

Hello! This is my first post on these forums.
I am planning on going in to get pre-approved for an FHA mortgage here in the next few weeks. I recently did a balance transfer from my amazon store card to my capital one card and during that process both companies put out statements.

My credit util was at 30%, and because the balance of my amazon card had not been paid off by cap 1 yet, the balance of the card was reported by both companies. My util stayed the same because my credit limit with cap one also increased from $300 to $1800 this month so it didn't hurt my credit score but it didn't help either.

I was just wondering if anyone knew if changing customer information such as address/ect. Cause amazon to re-report between statements. I know some banks do this but I wasn't sure if GE/amazon did.

I know I should probably just wait until my information is updated at the end of May but we are in a push to get out of our apartment before the lease is up so we are in a hurry.

This is my more current information:
Amazon GE store card : $0 limit $1000
Chase credit card: $0 limit $500
Capital one: $522 limit $1800

I would imagine a util change from 30% to 15% would provide a decent score boost?

Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon Store Card new statement after address change?

One approach would be to call the CC company directly and ask them about a mid-cycle update.

Another approach would be the "rapid rescoring" scheme used in the mortgage business.

Message 2 of 4
Ajones1992

Yeah if nothing else I'll probably the rapid rescoring. I know only the equifax score on here is likely to be accurate but these are what I pulled from this site. Do you think the change from 30% to 15% util would make a big difference? I used the credit simulator but I've heard mixed reports on how accurate it is.

Eq:622
Tran:664
Exp: 668
Message 3 of 4
Ajones1992

Well I ended up changing my address after reading that sometimes that helps and I sent Amazon a secure message yesterday. When I woke up today I had a scorewatch alert. Eq up 27 points!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.