Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Education Services - GW

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Education Services - GW

Does anyone here have student loans through AES--american education services? Has anyone had any luck or experience GWing them? I have tried GW and they aren't giving it to me.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Tink
New Contributor

Re: American Education Services - GW

I attempted a GW and got a response stating the accounts are reporting correctly to the credit bureaus. They basically disregarded everything I stated in my GW letter. I sent a second one stating I know the info is correct but if they would consider removing the late pays since I've been paying on time and more than the minimum due for over a year and a half. I am waiting for a response.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

sounds familiar--they don't seem to get the message--I wasn't asking them to verify my account history (like it seems you weren't as well) but to have them forgive my one late payment in 2005. I don't know what they have to gain by doing this--my account has been paid in full as well. Did you fax them stuff? Or did you mail it? Speak to anyone on the phone?
Message 3 of 5
Tink
New Contributor

I contacted them via email and was told to fax my request to 717-720-3916 along with a copy of the credit report showing what I wanted corrected. I faxed my initial letter on 07/11. I got a reply from them dated 07/23. I faxed a new letter on 07/31 and haven't received a reply. I am going to fax them again today and send it to the attention of Mark A. LaVia Assistant Vice President Guarantor/Insurer Relations (his name is on the letter I received). Keep trying. I know I will.

Message Edited by Tink on 09-11-2007 08:54 AM
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks so much for the info--I'll try as well--let me know how it turns out!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.