Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Blue

tag
ccsauer
Contributor

American Express Blue

Anyone know anything about this specific card? anyone want to divulge their income and scores and what CL they ended up getting? I'm looking for a HIGH CL for transferring over all my balances while they're offering 0%

Let me know!

Thanks!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express Blue

ccsauer wrote:
Anyone know anything about this specific card? anyone want to divulge their income and scores and what CL they ended up getting? I'm looking for a HIGH CL for transferring over all my balances while they're offering 0%

Let me know!

Thanks!

Just got mine... Scores are  EX625 EXP638 TU668

Income north of $150

Blue limit is $12k

Good Luck.

Rob

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Household income $62K, approved for 10K, but that was in December, 2006.  Hubby has his own separate card.  Amex Blue gave him 10K also.  Amex recently gave him a $5K increase.

My scores in Dec., 2006 were  TU 702, Equifax 730 and Experian 720. 

Your credit must be exceptional with 0% on balance transfers!!!!  WTG!!!Smiley Happy

SandyK

Message Edited by sankofa on 08-24-2007 12:26 PM
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

sankofa wrote:

Your credit must be exceptional with 0% on balance transfers!!!!  WTG!!!Smiley Happy

SandyK

No kidding...

Rob
Message 4 of 11
ccsauer
Contributor

oh! heh, nono, I haven't been offered that, i jsut saw that that was being offered on the site under "get a credit card." So...the 0% is only for very very good scores?

BTW, waht was your util of current credit for you two when you got the card?
Message 5 of 11
ccsauer
Contributor

I guess I should just share: All my scores are hovering around 720, some as high as 740 some 710 or so. I currently have around 30% Util, income around 95K, just looking to get a card with zero to transfer over.

think it's possible?
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

SandyK <---------------------------Looking on Amex site for 0% balance transfers on any card for the life of the balance LOL. 

In December, 2006 my util was 35% and under.  Since then I have applied for more cards and util has risen to 50% Smiley Sad thus I am paying off accounts right now and finally my scores are rising again to the 700's.  Inquiries hurt. 

Hubby takes a different road.  His util is atleast 50% to 65%, but he is of the opinion that he doesn't want a lot of cards. He uses the credit lines made available to him.  He does great with his lines and doesn't spend 1/3 of the time with his credit like I do.   He gets approved for the good stuff too! 

SandyK
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure it's possible with your great scores!!!  Smiley Happy

I am happy with the Citi Upromise Card that I activated today and was approved online for.  ZERO percent on balance transfers for 12 months and NO FEE.  Approved instantly online.  $4,500.00 CL.  You may fair real well if 12 months is okay with you.  This zero percent is for balance transfers only.  My purchases would be 14.24% variable rate.

Would share hubby's FICO scores with you, but he has never ever applied for his.  Only credit reports.  Smiley Indifferent

SandyK
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex, Citi and Bank of America seem to be pretty generous with the high credit limits.  You should be able to ask for what you want.  Give them a call. 

Good luck!!!!!

SandyK
Message 9 of 11
ccsauer
Contributor

Hmmm, looks like it's 0% on purchases, not BTs...that's odd. though, 5% on BTs isn't horrible...I'll have to see if it's worth it.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.