Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Corporate Card...help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Corporate Card...help

I just recently got a job where I need to apply for a corporate amex card. The problem is, my credit score is in the 700's, but I have some issues in the past (delinquency etc. 5 yrs ago). Will I get declined? Has anyone been through this with Amex? Thanks.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express Corporate Card...help

You wont have any problem getting your Corporate Card.  It wont appear on your credit reports as a TL though.  Your company is guarranteeing that the account will be paid, so try and not worry about it.  Been there done that...
Message 2 of 12
jandj
New Contributor

I just applied for one in April and was actually denied.  It was good and bad actually.  Good because it made me check my credit report and I found several major errors.  Bad obviously, because it was quite embarrassing.  I called and asked for reconsideration and explained that there were some major errors on my report that I had been unaware of but was working to have deleted.  They approved me right away then!
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may not get turned down for the corp card but you will be responsible for paying the bill in a timely manner elese it will go on your CR.  I work for a company in the finance dept and the requires exec's and ithers to have corp cards and my company makes it clear that it is the EMPLOYEES responsible to pay the bill on time
Message 4 of 12
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I MUCH prefer a company CC.  It does not report, but I don't have to worry about it.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 12
mjack1957

I applied for the AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles corporate card and was approved online. I received a phone call requesting verification of some information on the appl. I asked if the card would report to our Dunn & Bradstreet and my personal CR. The representative told me they would report to both. That's the reason I wanted the card so that it would show as a TL on my CR. Was I given erroneous information?
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did they ask for you EIN #?
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is personal credit an issue when being issued a company credit card. I just landed an executive position and will be receiving a corporate card. I am a little nervous as my scores are mid 500's to 600's. Will this be an issue or will they approve anyways because it is a corporate card?
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, personal credit does play a part in receiving a corp card.  My company has not issued Corp cards to employees that have a low score.  Although corp cards have the comp name on it it is the employees responsibility to pay the card on a timely basis and if the employee leaves the company w/ a balance the company will hold the last ck or expense rep to play that bill and if you do not have either coming to you a negitave mark will go on your credit rep.  They same responsibility you take to pay your personal cc on time is the same way you will need to pay your corp card on time..
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was curious if your application was approved as I have a similar score
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.