Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express added an account to EX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express added an account to EX

I just looked at my EX report and Amex has added my parents Amex account to my credit report.  I was an AU staring back in 1994 and then I opened my own Amex account in 2000.  My parents took me off of their account at that point.  Amex is now back reporting this account as open/never late to at least Experian and amy be the others soon.  My parents have perfect credit so this is a good thing.

I am wondering how this happened??  I also wonder how it will benefit me??  I also see that it says "Not Responsible" under Responsibility.  Does this mean I am still an AU and will drop off when the new Fico scoring goes in to effect??

Could I use this to my advantage to get a card of my own?  I had my own Gold Card that i got in 2000 and then got behind own.  I paid it and they closed the account.  They have recently removed that negative TL from my report.  I also had an Optima which they closed b/c of credit scores.  I was never late or anything on it.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express added an account to EX

I am sure it is helping you until FICO08-

I do know that AMEX recently wiped all of DW's AU and then re-reported them - I wanto say wiped in Nov readded in Dec.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.