cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express reporting Old Account way past SOL on my Experian Report.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express reporting Old Account way past SOL on my Experian Report.

I had bad credit in the past and I have worked hard trying to clear my reports up. I had accounts that I never paid and they were charged off. I got really into deep debt. I know the moral thing was to pay them but I never did because I did not have the money to do it. They were all placed on my credit reports and eventually went off after the seven and a half years. My dilemma is with American Express. I had a Gold Card and a Optima Card that was charged off. They were both off my reports because the seven and a half years had passed. I checked my Experian report this morning 9/18/2008 and the Optima Card was reporting under a different account number which may be some type of collection assigned number. This account was placed for collection on 10/1995. It is reporting as closed by credit grantors request and status says closed/never late now on current report. Its reporting a credit limit of 100.00 and a balance of 922.00 and recent payment 0. What can I do about this. It looks like I am maxed way out over my limit and it says it will remain on report unti 10/2018. It also reports status as closed/never late. I believe this account orginally went off my report sometime around 2003. I know American Express never forgives and keeps old debts forever. I also had the Gold Card that was charged off in 1996 and went off my reports around 2004. I don't know what they are up to ,but I need some feed back please on what to do. I am new to the forum and I am sorry about the rambling post. 
Message Edited by CurlyTop47 on 10-18-2008 10:03 AM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express reporting Old Account way past SOL on my Experian Report.

We have had dozens of reports of this-

Options:

Go into the Amex oasis program

Dispute it

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you go about disputing this? Do you call American Express or do you dispute with the credit reporting agency? The account American Express has on my report is not even the original account number. This account number starts with the numbers 34999 which is not even what American Express Account numbers start with. They start with 37...etc.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it past the 7-7.5 years reporting timeframe? Then it's simply illegal to have them there.

send a an ITS letter, or Cease & Desist, letter to the CRA and the reporting entity (listed on your credit report). Give them 7 days to remove - keep it simple.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.