cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express - what are my rights and where can I find them?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express - what are my rights and where can I find them?

Rob- The whole story is here and another post.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
One more thing, there is nothing that anyone can say to us that we have not already said to ourselves a MILLION times. What we are looking for now, is a possible resolution to this problem and how to have it removed from our report, if that is possible.

Missy - I guess my question is how on earth did your AMEX get charged off if you PIFd in 6 months??? I could imagine that a bunch of lates would be reported if you decided not to pay while you tried to work things out at home... But not a charge off.
If we don't know the actual circumstances, there's not much we can do to help.
Sorry for poking. Just can't help without the real story.

Rob

Message 31 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express - what are my rights and where can I find them?

Rob,

The whole story really is here somewhere on a post or 2 or 3 and I don't want to hash this up all over again. It just too emotionally draining but I do understand you inquiring and you have a very good question.

Short and sweet, initially, we refused to pay the bill because we were going to press charges against my niece which in the long run we did not do. I assume AMEX charged it off during the few months that we were tyring to figure it out. I think it may report like this because at first, they accepted our fraud claim and affidavit and then they came back two months later and said file a police report which we could not do at the stage, blah, blah, blah.

The credit reporting shows absolutely no late pays whatsoever. It only shows $24K in charge off that was paid. Why AMEX reports it like this, I don't know and to be honest, don't really care. I just want it to be gone if that is possible!

Thanks.

Missy

Message Edited by Missy_Bell on 10-17-2007 09:28 AM
Message 32 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.