Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Americredit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Americredit - update

I've got a loan with them that has a couple of 30 day  lates a year ago..  i might jump on the GW bandwagon and see if i can get them to remove them..   From all accounts though, they are a scumbag of a company..
Those 30 day lates are going to cost you extra interest which they are happy to let compound until the end of the loan. Compare the total of your payments left to your pay off. I'll bet the pay off is higher. Big surprise when the bill for the final payment hits.

Based on personal experience.

Diggin' out, movin' on
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Very Happy Just got a call from AmeriCredit and they are going to remove the 30, 60, 90 and 120 day lates from my trade line. The lates were due to a large final payment I had to pay off in installments, thus the late reports. I took a month and a whole lot of ignoring all the "no"s and a barrage of letters, but it got done! As these lates are less than 2 years old, this should give my score a nice boost.

Please accept my gratitude for all those who have showed me the way since I've joined.

To all the newbies, like me, the moral is hang in, be tenacious (respectfully) and don't give up!

(happy dance icon here)

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

who did you send the letters to?

Message 13 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

who did you send the letters to?

This is a 2009 thread. Nothing wrong with that, necessarily, but the earlier posters might not be active any more, or if they are, they might not have that info any longer.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 17
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

IIRC, I asked about OP's success and may be wrong, but it seemed like he finally saw movement after resending a GW to the address listed on his CR and/or the corporate address. I did the same with mine, but no luck. I gave up because it is my oldest TL and don't want them to delete just for one 30 and one 60 (at this point).

Message 15 of 17
surgemorales
Established Member

Anyone has any updated info on where to send GW letters to for Americredit ? I know it's an old thread but it does not hurt.

I currently in the process of rebuilding my credit. Experian has me at 740 and I've had a WF $500 secured card for about 2 years. I just recently got Macy $300 - Walmart $200 - Bank of America $500 (secured) - Chase Freedom $1K - Kohls $300 - JCrew $300 - Barclaycard - 1K - Buckle $300 - Sears Mastercard $400 - BestBuy Mastercard $400 - Guess I am gardening since Dec 31, 2013 for at least 6 months. Im screwed up during the holidays and acquired 6 new credit cards. Its so difficult!
Message 16 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

@surgemorales wrote:

Anyone has any updated info on where to send GW letters to for Americredit ? I know it's an old thread but it does not hurt.

Americredit was bought out by GM financial if that helps so find info on them and start GW's flowing 

Hope this helps and good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.