cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Americu Credit Check on Account Opening?

tag
UprightStone
Established Member

Americu Credit Check on Account Opening?

I am considering opening an account at a local credit union that has pretty good rates.  I just wanted to get established with them with a savings account.  During the process to apply online, I see:

By checking this box I agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Membership and Account Agreement, Service Fee Schedule, Truth-in-Saving Disclosures, Electronic Funds Transfer Agreement and Disclosure, Funds Availability Policy, & Privacy Notice Disclosure which I have received electronically above. (Please download and save a copy for your reference.) I authorize AmeriCU Credit Union to obtain a credit report from a credit reporting agency, to verify eligibility for the accounts and services in connection with this request for membership.

I am guessing this would be a hard pull?  I was hoping to be able to keep my HPs down.  Right now I have 4, which one being a year old in November.  I suppose there is no way around this hmm?  Maybe it is a soft pull?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Americu Credit Check on Account Opening?

Most usually there's a HP when opening any deposit account like a checking or savings, especially at CUs.

Message 2 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@UprightStone wrote:

I am guessing this would be a hard pull?  I was hoping to be able to keep my HPs down.  Right now I have 4, which one being a year old in November.  I suppose there is no way around this hmm?  Maybe it is a soft pull?

You'd only avoid it by not opening the account.  It will be a hard pull.

Message 3 of 5
UprightStone
Established Member

Would anyone here consider 5 hard pulls as a lot?

Message 4 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@UprightStone wrote:

Would anyone here consider 5 hard pulls as a lot?

I used to have approx 20++ on any given report in my early credit days, and all of them were under a year. So, 5 isn't too shabby, IMO (but certainly don't add inquiries for the sake of adding inquiries).

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.