Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex AU reporting

tag
Charger_Fan19
Contributor

Amex AU reporting

My mom just added me to her Amex, she's had it for over a decade. As expected my card arrived with a different account number. I just got an alert that it posted to my credit file as a new account, date opened 2/14. I was hoping to take advantage of the original trade line date reporting to help my AAoA. Any chance of getting Amex to do this?

Starting Score: EQ 500 TU 500 EX 500
Current Score: EQ 647 TU 685 EX 684 9/2/16 Recommitted to Fico Health! Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 700
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Amex AU reporting

Amex does not backdate for ACMs.  Their policy is as follows:

Once you lock in your MSD (Member Since Date) the year of subsequent cc's will reflect your MSD.  Additional cc's*, will reflect the month of THAT card and the year of your MSD.  

If you are a primary cardholder, your CR's will be backdated as well.  Amex recently changed their policy to exclude the CR backdating for ACMs - when you become a primary, your CR's would be backdated for YOUR new cc. 

*personal cards - business cards it's a YMMV 

Message 2 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@cowgirl79 wrote:
I was hoping to take advantage of the original trade line date reporting to help my AAoA. Any chance of getting Amex to do this?

As Lexie indicated, nope.  AU's are not backdated to the primary member's MSD.  Future cards will be backdated to 2014 for you though.

Message 3 of 5
fungoman
Regular Contributor

Here is an interesting scenario: What if you were an AU on an account years ago for a primary who was with AMEX since 1984. You got removed in 2009 as an AU. In 2014 you become another AU on an AMEX for a new AMEX member. What happens then?

Message 4 of 5
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

MSD should be when you were first added as an AU.

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.