cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex AU shows with no history

tag
walt1226

Amex AU shows with no history

I was recently added as an amex AU and the card has a 10 year perfect history, it shows up on my report as I opended it a month ago.  Does amex no longer report the history of the account user?  if so than why would this help my credit.  it actually dropped my AAOA.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex AU shows with no history

@walt1226 wrote:

I was recently added as an amex AU and the card has a 10 year perfect history, it shows up on my report as I opended it a month ago.  Does amex no longer report the history of the account user?  if so than why would this help my credit.  it actually dropped my AAOA.

AMEX has "additional cardmembers" rather than AUs.   When you become an cardmember your member since date is established and this year is used for your future accounts.

With other creditors you inherit all of the previous AU history, however AMEX additional cardmembers are different.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex AU shows with no history

@walt1226 wrote:

I'm not sure why you assumed that it would help.  If the utilization is lower than your average it can help your utilization.  AAoA won't benefit unless you established AmEx membership long enough ago to increase your AAoA.  AU's are not backdated to the original member's date.  Backdating for an AU is whatever date the AU established membership with AmEx.  This is mentioned in many recent threads on AmEx AU's and backdating.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.