Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Cards

tag
peacecindia
Established Member

Amex Cards

Thank you everyone on the board for guiding me in the right direction. I'm on my way toward building positive tradelines with 2 Amex cards that were suggested here. I was denied the Amex clear, but approved for Gold Delta Sky Miles & HiltonHonors cards through Amex instant approval online. In September when AU's are not allowed anymore, I will have my own credit and scores to maintain. Citi & HSBC turned me down for their cards. (I have an old charge off on a Cap1 from 2002/3 so that's probably why I was denied. But, I sent Cap 1 a PFD letter I got here! Thanks again board members for the education!) I have a question about the Hilton Honors points & miles card...Can I purchase US Air or Southwest flights and get points & miles, (Double dipping) at Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden Inn? Also, I'd like to pay for my sister to fly from TX to meet me in FL. Would her flight and hotel stay count as miles & points on my Hilton Honors card? >I'm just unsavvy about the points & miles thing. Finally, I was thinking about paying my bill off immediately to Amex. Should I schedule full payment or stretch out the payments for the good payment history? peace
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Cards

From their website:

HHonors bonus points for each $1 spent at participating Hilton Family hotels - Hilton®, Conrad®, Doubletree®, Embassy Suites Hotels®, Hampton Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hilton Grand Vacations Club®, Homewood Suites by Hilton® and The Waldorf=Astoria CollectionTM hotels worldwide.3

And anything you charge on the card should lead to points and rewards
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you state where the AMEX card types are posted again and what scores are needed?  I just looked up the AMEX Clear due to my TU score

Thanks!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

THANK YOU!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got credit for my SWA miles for my delta points.

peacecindia wrote:
Thank you everyone on the board for guiding me in the right direction. I'm on my way toward building positive tradelines with 2 Amex cards that were suggested here. I was denied the Amex clear, but approved for Gold Delta Sky Miles & HiltonHonors cards through Amex instant approval online. In September when AU's are not allowed anymore, I will have my own credit and scores to maintain. Citi & HSBC turned me down for their cards. (I have an old charge off on a Cap1 from 2002/3 so that's probably why I was denied. But, I sent Cap 1 a PFD letter I got here! Thanks again board members for the education!) I have a question about the Hilton Honors points & miles card...Can I purchase US Air or Southwest flights and get points & miles, (Double dipping) at Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden Inn? Also, I'd like to pay for my sister to fly from TX to meet me in FL. Would her flight and hotel stay count as miles & points on my Hilton Honors card? >I'm just unsavvy about the points & miles thing. Finally, I was thinking about paying my bill off immediately to Amex. Should I schedule full payment or stretch out the payments for the good payment history? peace

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.