cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Clear

Regular Contributor

Amex Clear

Has anyone applied for this card?  it is on myfico as a good card for people with fair credit (whatever that is).  It has no fees and 0% intro for 1 year and 4.99% balance transfer until paid off.  It sounds like a good deal but I am not sure my credit is up to par for AMEX







Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex Clear

What is you EX score?

Niki9 wrote:
Has anyone applied for this card?  it is on myfico as a good card for people with fair credit (whatever that is).  It has no fees and 0% intro for 1 year and 4.99% balance transfer until paid off.  It sounds like a good deal but I am not sure my credit is up to par for AMEX



Message 2 of 12
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex Clear



Niki9 wrote:
Has anyone applied for this card?  it is on myfico as a good card for people with fair credit (whatever that is).  It has no fees and 0% intro for 1 year and 4.99% balance transfer until paid off.  It sounds like a good deal but I am not sure my credit is up to par for AMEX


Thats not right! Clear is not easy to get. What are your three FICO scores?
Message 3 of 12
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Clear

as of 5/25 EX was 662 ..... BUT I recently got an alert that my mortage comp HSBC reported me 30 days late.  Because of this error my EQ went from 642 (5/25) to 583.  Needless to say I am disputing this  but I have not pulled my EX since I found out about the error.







Message 4 of 12
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Clear

As of 5/25 the 3 were
EX 662
EQ 645
TU 652
 
2 problems:
1 is an error that reported after I pulled the 3 reports on 5/25.  My mortage comp reported my 30 days late and that dropped my EQ to 583.  This is an error and I disputed it a couple of days ago.
 
the other is a BK from 12/97.  I heard that Amex does not like BK.







Message 5 of 12
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex Clear

Wait for the disputes to get fixed. It is often faster to deal with your creditors than the CRA's to get stuff like this taken care of faster.
 
If it was a BK7 i would wait til it falls off.
 
I don't know if your previous score is good enough for CLEAR. I am sure some will chime in....

Niki9 wrote:
As of 5/25 the 3 were
EX 662
EQ 645
TU 652
 
2 problems:
1 is an error that reported after I pulled the 3 reports on 5/25.  My mortage comp reported my 30 days late and that dropped my EQ to 583.  This is an error and I disputed it a couple of days ago.
 
the other is a BK from 12/97.  I heard that Amex does not like BK.



Message 6 of 12
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex Clear

It's best to have scores over 700 when applying for an Amex Clear. But your income and the fact you own a house will only help you. Just remember YMMV (your mileage may vary). Once your BK falls off and you can get the late removed, you should be approaching 700 scores or even higher.
Message 7 of 12
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Clear

Then why do think myfico would list it for people with fair credit.  I thought 700 would be good credit.







Message 8 of 12
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex Clear



Niki9 wrote:
Then why do think myfico would list it for people with fair credit.  I thought 700 would be good credit.


It's irritating, I know. Just like the scores and remarks on your CRs at TC (truecredit) and myfico's score simulator, so is the credit card query. Amex Clear is not a CC for those with fair credit. You need very good credit for approval.
Message 9 of 12
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Clear

HSBC said that I was never late.  In fact they sent me my payment history today.  They told me to dispute w/CRA.
 
Do you have any suggestions for cards?  I need to get my credit score up and the problem is that I am maxed on 3 of 5 cards.   1 card is paid off and I don't want transfer any balance to it.  It is an Applied Bank card.. formerly Cross Country bank and I can't wait to close it.  (They have charge me so many fees)  It was the only card I could get after BK.
 
I guess I need to get utilization much lower but don't want to risk the declined inq.







Message 10 of 12