Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Corporate Card Liability

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Corporate Card Liability

Hello,

I was hoping that someone could offer some advice on corporate credit cards.  I had a(n) corporate amex with my previous employer.  When I left the company, my direct manager, who had to approve expense reports apparently did not approve them and amex was never reimbursed for their moneys owed.  I got letters from amex in reference to this but did not pay them any mind.  I did submit my SSN for this card and today I get a call from a collection agency informing me I am liable for the balance and basically a lot of strong arm language was used by the person.  They would ask about current employer and other info which I refused to answer.  The person said they would have to list me as uncooperative and would not explain exactly what that meant.  I have disputed items on credit reports before and seen as one of the options for dispute CORPORATE CREDIT CARD.  I am confused and scared right now.  The balance is huge and no one from my old company seems to want to talk to me.  Where do I stand?  Any info would be extremely helpful.

Thanks,

Anxiety
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Corporate Card Liability

anxiety wrote:
Hello,

I was hoping that someone could offer some advice on corporate credit cards.  I had a(n) corporate amex with my previous employer.  When I left the company, my direct manager, who had to approve expense reports apparently did not approve them and amex was never reimbursed for their moneys owed.  I got letters from amex in reference to this but did not pay them any mind.  I did submit my SSN for this card and today I get a call from a collection agency informing me I am liable for the balance and basically a lot of strong arm language was used by the person.  They would ask about current employer and other info which I refused to answer.  The person said they would have to list me as uncooperative and would not explain exactly what that meant.  I have disputed items on credit reports before and seen as one of the options for dispute CORPORATE CREDIT CARD.  I am confused and scared right now.  The balance is huge and no one from my old company seems to want to talk to me.  Where do I stand?  Any info would be extremely helpful.

Thanks,

Anxiety

sorry The only thing that I would advice is to see an attorney. Write to the CA and tell them NOT TO CALL!  If they do they are in violation!

Maybe someone on the forum knows about busness accounts.
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your advice.  I am a mess right now worrying about this whole thing!
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

From the T&Cs of one of the Amex Business Cards

I have advised Additional Card applicant(s) that you may obtain, verify, exchange, and use information about them in the same manner as described above, that they may be responsible for payment of their own charges if I fail to pay them, and that their own credit records may be affected by nonpayment of the account. I understand that Additional Card(s) will not be issued to me if I have an unsatisfactory account with American Express or if the Additional Card applicant(s) have ever had an unsatisfactory account with American Express

Now I now that Amex will not even issue an AU card without a SSN. What did you sign when you accepted this card from your employer?  Where there terms where you would be responsible for repayment if expenses were not approved?
Message 4 of 22
scorepower
Regular Contributor

Hi There,

I would definetly work back with the company you worked for and have them take care of this.  Did you have a formal way of submitting claims through your employer?  Did your manager reject the claims or never approved them? Does the manager still work there?  You might need to take some legal action. 

From my experience, i had my card not paid for about 6 months.  I called AMEX and was working with my employer.  I didn't want my name going into collection because my employer was late in making the payments.  AMEX said they didn't report for 6 months because it's a corporate account.     
1/16/16 Credit Check Total FICO 08 Scores: TU 633, EX 651, EQ 629
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

says I as corporate card member are responsible for all charges billed to account yada yada to the extent that you as the corp cardmember fail to honr any of the obligations under this agreement we reserve the right to collect the amount of such charges directly from you. 
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

anxiety wrote:
says I as corporate card member are responsible for all charges billed to account yada yada to the extent that you as the corp cardmember fail to honr any of the obligations under this agreement we reserve the right to collect the amount of such charges directly from you. 

Was that from the company or Amex?  Amex will go after each individual cardholder.

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

That was from amex.  Am I screwed if my boss decides to screw me? Also can CA call my wife's cell phone.  They pulled the number off of the CR and told her about it which is how I found out about it.  Needless to say she was freaked out. Were they supposed to do that?

Message Edited by anxiety on 09-12-2007 02:27 PM
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

anxiety wrote:
That was from amex.  Am I screwed if my boss decides to screw me?

In a word...yes.  You can always go after the company if the expenses were legit. I'd go with my lawyer.

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

So do I pay the amount in the meantime and try to recoup the loss through the legal process?  It is a big pharma company with a legal dept that's probably larger than small corps.  If this is the case-can I negotiate payments or partial payment in meantime?
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.