Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CreditSecure

tag
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

Amex CreditSecure

I've been debating whether or not to subscribe to Amex's CreditSecure service. Its $1 for the first 30 days (since I've never enrolled before), then $14.99 per month thereafter. You get two reports every 30 days. I believe they also have another plan for unlimited pulls for $24.99 a month. I'm not really interested in pulling my CR everyday. Twice a month is okay just so I can keep tabs on my CR. They also provide PLUS scores. I know they are FAKO scores, but at least you can get a sense of how well you are doing. I also like how you can view all three of your CRs in one place.

Anyone have any experience? Is it worth the value, or should I just stick to the free monitoring sites like CK and CS?

Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Kozmo
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex CreditSecure

I used it for the first month...but not worth the money IMHO
Message 2 of 3
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex CreditSecure

The value of paid credit monitoring service is going to be different for each individual depending on what you are trying to accomplish. If you are doing a lot of rebuilding / building type activity or you are trying to accomplish a specific credit goal it may be worthwhile to do daily monitoring. If you are just keeping an eye out on what is going on with your credit then monthly monitoring with alerts may be enough.

I use the USAA monthly monitoring program and their alerts. I too like to see all three bureaus without having to go to multiple sites. And I trust their alert process for things that are happening in a month. There is a large thread in the sticky threads that reviews all the monitoring services and gives cost & benefits available.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.