Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex EX FICO 08 vs EX FICO 08

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex EX FICO 08 vs EX FICO 08

Got the free Amex FICO today, is it supposed to be experian FICO 08? Because I have that from Experian's website, where it has been stuck at 726 for a couple weeks, checked it daily. Including today.

So what is this 720 score I am getting from Amex??

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex EX FICO 08 vs EX FICO 08

Ok solved. The amex site says that score was generated July 22 and my score in July was indeed 720, so the free amex score is a few weeks out of date. Probably updates only on statement date or something?

Message 2 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok solved. The amex site says that score was generated July 22 and my score in July was indeed 720, so the free amex score is a few weeks out of date. Probably updates only on statement date or something?

Probably when they are doing an Account Review. 

FICO Open Access program.  I don't think they subscribed to the monitoring that the CRA's peddle that other lenders subscribed to.

        
Message 3 of 7
iv
Valued Contributor

Yup, seems to just be the most recent AR - it just showed up on my BCE when the 8/16 statement cut, but the score is from 6/27.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 4 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@iv wrote:

Yup, seems to just be the most recent AR - it just showed up on my BCE when the 8/16 statement cut, but the score is from 6/27.

It tracked my monitoring here exactly.  Looks like they're doing AR's possibly monthly based on my old BCP statement date... I changed the statement date to a couple of weeks earlier but maybe that doesn't matter.

        
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

FICO Open Access program.  I don't think they subscribed to the monitoring that the CRA's peddle that other lenders subscribed to.

They sell a monitoring service called "Credit Secure" that gives you monitoring. It was a pretty good service except it gave a "PLUS" score instead of a FICO. But it let me pull all 3 bureaus every day which was nice. I subscribed to it for the first six months I was establishing US credit, when I didn't have a FICO anyway. Then I cancelled and now just monitor throug Experian's Credit Tracker. 

I would consider going back to using the Amex service IF it now provides this Experian FICO updated daily...

Message 6 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

They sell a monitoring service called "Credit Secure" that gives you monitoring. It was a pretty good service except it gave a "PLUS" score instead of a FICO. But it let me pull all 3 bureaus every day which was nice. I subscribed to it for the first six months I was establishing US credit, when I didn't have a FICO anyway. Then I cancelled and now just monitor throug Experian's Credit Tracker. 

I would consider going back to using the Amex service IF it now provides this Experian FICO updated daily...

Not what I was referring to Smiley Happy.

The products we have here for MF are almost undoubtedly ones the bureaus originally sold to the lenders for credit monitoring, or I know there are similar ones which can be subscribed to with varying levels of service if you look at their product catalogs.  I don't think Amex subscribed to these, rather they pulled directly from EX at their desired frequency and did their own interpretation of the data.

Credit Secure was something totally different, consumer facing credit monitoring, not quite sure who that was from might've been an old Experian OEM product much like so many of the other solutions out there (vis a vis USAA).  If anything it would get updated to the new CCT format, but it wouldn't be the once a month give or take score we're getting from Amex now.  

        
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.