cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex F/R. They want my taxes, but I filed an extension. Opinions...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex F/R. They want my taxes, but I filed an extension. Opinions...

@ah32 wrote:
Couldn't read the links. I only have access to certain sites while at work. I can check tomorrow at home.
What pisses me off is that I just did a balance transfer onto this card for a lower rate! I agree, one should be subjected to this bs at the time of application, not after use. I've already made generous payments! I'm so mad, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. That's two fricking inquiries for two cards that would be closed against my will while I have a balance I can't pay immediately. I closed out the cards that were charging annual and monthly fees and opened new cards to continue to grow my credit score!
Where does the law stand on this? Can we collectively sue? I'm going to have to give this all some thought. I'm just curious, what can they do with an application for extension?

They have the right at any time to deny or take away credit even if you have had it for 50 years.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My mother and I had an in-depth discussion about this not too long ago.  It came about due to my 13 yr old getting pre-approved offers from being an AU on a card of mine.  At that time, my mother, who is 63 years old,and has almost as perfect credit as you can get realistically, said she would NEVER have this card because of the hoops you are forced to jump through.  This has been their practice since she was establishing credit. That was a looong time ago. "Then they needed all this info just to open the account.'

Privacy is already deeply enough violated with the big four credit bureaus and the rental credit bureau.  Now you have to open your bedroom windows at the company's whim.

Oops, almost forgot.  My point is this, Amex has been in the business o making people jump through hoops for decades.  The difference is they used to do it to get the card until they realized that aloy of customers just didnt want the headache and stayed away completely.  Now it looks as if the ydraw you in, but F/R you to see if they want to keep you.  I think they should just keep doing it they way they always have, then you'd only apply if you were willing to put up with the headache.

Message Edited by Brammy on 08-17-2007 06:46 PM
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got FR'd this week, completely out of the blue.  My FR rep was nice, but diligent.  I had to resend my IRS form to them 3 times due to it being filled out incompletely.  However, this was due to the shoddy instructions I got from the rep. They should have an online section on how to forward them the requested information.

I think what triggered it was my was taking on a HELOC recently.  The area I live in is hot (if you can believe it in this market), so I want to do a few upgrades to my house before I put it on the market.   I also got a CLI increase on one of my Amex.  To be honest, I just applied for it because I was bored at work.  I didn't need it

My concerns are that they will cancel the cards.  My earnings last year were a mediocre, $65,000.  However, it is in line with what I put on my application and will be validated by the 1040 they will receive.  It's ashame they don't ask for current financial info as I doing $80,000 per year in my full time job and bringing an extra $2,000 a month from some light consulting I'm doing.

At any rate, I am not optimistic about my prospects.  I paid well each month, never late.  But my Clear Blue was carrying a marginally high balance, though I did pay a big chunk of it just days before the review.  My thoughts are that this action too, might have contributed to my FR. 

I'd be curious to hear any FR success stories.  I know fico_focused made out ok, but he has a pretty good HHI and lower CLs than I have/had. 

*sgh.. the process duration, by my emperical research seems to take about 15 - 20 ACTUAL days.

Message Edited by prmdbr on 08-18-2007 05:36 AM
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is more the enough reason for me to never apply for an Amex card.  I have enough on my plate every day so the last thing I need is to be forced to track down paperwork and worry about my credit being ruined if I trip over a hurdle.  There's lots of other fish in the sea...I'll stick with the ones that don't bite!
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I ever do apply for an AMEX card, it will be strictly to improve my FICO, and never have a balance over $50 or so. If they do FR me, I'll just PIF and cancel on the spot. And when I get the card, I'll call their customer care and tell them to put a note in my file that if I am EVER FR'ed, I WILL cancel the card immediately.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.