Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex PFD?

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

Amex PFD?

Has anyone had luck with getting Amex to do a PFD? i had a few charged-off accts with them. most have a 0 balance and 2 have small balances. i sent PFD and GW letters for all, but have received no response. Amex seems impossible. has anyone every had any luck getting them to do a PFD or GW? What address did you send your letter to?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Re: Amex PFD?

You can try but I can surely say that amex does not entertain PFD. You could request to be put on the Oasis program then when you've had your card for a while and a new TL you can ask to have your old TL deleted. It worked for Noahs wife, i just sent the same request, i'm waiting on a response.
Message 2 of 6
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

what on earth is the oasis program? where do i get more info?
Message 3 of 6
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Oasis program is where..when you pay your full balancew amex gives you an Optima card with half what your credit limit was before. It takes about a month after you pay in full to get the paperwork for Oasis. This program is by invitation only so you'd need to call Amex and tell them you want to be considered for the program.
Message 4 of 6
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

all the accounts i had were charge accts. is this only available for revolving lines with a previously  established limit?
Message 5 of 6
Takunda1
Established Contributor

CreditDrama85 wrote:
all the accounts i had were charge accts. is this only available for revolving lines with a previously  established limit?

That I do not know. Call Amex and let us know what they say.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.