Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Recon

I have an experian credit score of 704 and an AMEX Blue Cash card. MY score was 650 when I applied for the card.

MY current credit limit on that card is $2000.00 I requested a CLI and got denied
because of things I don't get. Stuff about not scoring well on their risk factors,
some nonsense about having too high credit utilizations (I am way under 10%) and not paying enough (I always PIF). So I think it's a lot of crap. I have heard people have luck with Recon...should I try to do that?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Recon

Call this number: 1-800-576-8942

It's the CLI department. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just learned something--thanks for the number BTW...

AMEX soft pulls TU when you want to do a CLI. MAybe other's have different experiences but thats what AMEX pulled when I requested CLI. My tu score currently dropped because capital one started reporting lates again after removing them. Blah.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's odd they pulled a soft EX on me last week. Maybe they are switching to TU which would be a dream come true!
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

rifleman wrote:

AMEX soft pulls TU when you want to do a CLI. MAybe other's have different experiences but thats what AMEX pulled when I requested CLI. My tu score currently dropped because capital one started reporting lates again after removing them. Blah.

Cap one and NCO got me good just last week for the same CC account, I am so pissed off
at NCO they will never ever see another dime from me...
Message 5 of 10
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Well were the lates surpressed or deleted? Because of course there's a difference. Not insulting your intelligence at all.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

rifleman wrote:

So AMEX pulls EX at time of application and TU for CLI?

Message Edited by ObsessedwithmyFico on 08-14-2007 04:02 PM
Message 7 of 10
sl
Established Contributor

It could also depend on what area of the country you live in.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the CLI number again J-izoe...

I called them, they said they pulled TU for the CLI. I asked them if they could
pull a different one--EQ or EX, but the refused saying they can only pull TU...oh well.

What the hell happened to AMEX? I thought they were supposed to offer immecable customer service?

I disputed a charge with them and they gave me a hard time. I know people who have
the Platinum charge card and they don't go through any of that crap.

I'm going to call to convert my Amex blue cash to an Amex Black Centurian Card. Has anyone done this before?
Message 9 of 10
sl
Established Contributor

LOL.

Keep us posted on how it turns out.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.