Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex - Very slow reporting to CRA's?

tag
EW800
Valued Contributor

Amex - Very slow reporting to CRA's?

I believe I've read that Amex can be slow to report to the CRA's, however I am wondering if this is typical for a new account. I was approved for the Amex Everyday just shy of six weeks ago. The card was received and activated about a week later, used several times, been through a billing cycle and PIF (before statement cut). The account still has not hit any of the three CRA's, other than the initial HP Inq. Anyone ever see them go this long, even beyond a full billing cycle? I've been watching carefully as I am curious how the date will show, as I have been with Amex since 1997.

Barclay on the other hand, last year they hit the reports before I even received the cards! Smiley Happy
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex - Very slow reporting to CRA's?

I think my first one was about the same time horizon as yours; IIRC common suggestion was 2 cycles at the latest, and if not, call.

Will also say the monitoring solutions add some time; I finally got a balance change and I was in my reports anyway for a dispute and noticed that Amex had updated right when they should've but I didn't get the alert until 4 days later.

        
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same experience with Barclay; hit my reports before the card arrived. My Amex is at 15 days, so I have a long wait ahead. Anxious for the same reason you are, the backdate.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for my BCE on the 4th, received the card 6 days later and no love on my CR thus far. On the other hand, I applied for my Freedom on the same day as my BCE and Chase reported to the CB's a week ago.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.