cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An experiment I'd like to share with the group.

tag
2anewu
Regular Contributor

Re: An experiment I'd like to share with the group.

I would love to see the results.
Message 21 of 28
2anewu
Regular Contributor

I also have prepaid legal and have contacted them, but that is as far as I got. Thanks for the info.
Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

Had my phone consultation this morning. I am not impressed, but we'll see.

Harvard:
He said that while Harvard is breaking the rules, that for such a small bill a lawsuit may not be the best course. He is going to write a demand letter on my behalf stating that since they failed to validate the debt that they must remove. It's basically our DV letter on his letterhead (BTW he LOVED our letter, said it was very strong and very well written). If they don't comply, he says that I should probably just add a consumer statement to my reports for manual review purposes and let it go. I don't agree with that. Why should I have to sit there and take it when they are breaking the rules and I am following them? His justification is that a lawsuit would be stressful and expensive. Bah!

CBA:
He thinks that the negotiation standpoint is the most hopeful, even though they are obviously playing games with me. He is going to personally call the OC and negotiate the return of the equipment and a small payment for the water and get back to me. He said if OC sold the debt to CBA then he would call the nasty little woman that refused to DV and negotiate with her. He said the worst case is that I will be in the same situation I am in now, and that I can add a consumer statement. He again stated that while I have grounds for a lawsuit for violations, it would be expensive and stressful and that a consumer statement would be helpful for major purchases. Rubbish.

Northland:
This is the one that really floored me. He said that the settlement offer was a great deal and that I should TAKE IT! I said "Look, its 10 years old and I don't have the money right now so all I want to do is prevent them from taking any action on a debt that is clearly not collectible until such time as I am ready." His suggestion was to "keep in touch with them so that you don't lose that settlement opportunity" I told him to drop this one. Argh...

So I will let you all know how the first 2 progress, but I'm not sure what kind of results I can expect at this point...
Message 23 of 28
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Hippychic, this lawyer sounds like a yahoo. He clearly doesn't want to do any work. "Just add a consumer statement" --what a worthless waste of time and energy. Pay for a 10 year old debt that's past SOL & CRTP. He must've gotten his license to practice law out of a Cracker Jack box.

Keep us updated.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed. I firmly suspect that I know more about credit law than he does. Well, I suppose if I can get at least 1 of these TL's off my reports it will be worth it since all it is costing me is a little time. It's time I would have spent doing it myself anyway, but hopefully his letterhead will help a little teeny bit. Maybe I should go back to college and become a lawyer so I can make my own letterhead...
Message 25 of 28
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Agree 100% with you. Do it hippychic, then we can all use your letterhead.Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
According to the info on the credit report, this bill is from 2004. I didn’t have a Sprint phone at that time

3rd person claiming an unknown bill from Sprint in 4 days on here. Wonder what is happening?

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 02-21-2008 03:47 PM
Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

This actually started popping up at the beginning of January. I think Sprint liquidated a bunch of accounts because i heard from several people that they started getting hassled by Harvard about Sprint accounts out of the blue. Just like me, they received no correspondence whatsoever, and no DV responses. lame...
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.