Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annual Credit Report Inquiry

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Annual Credit Report Inquiry

Hello Dghor.  I hope RobertEG reads your post and can advise you.

Note to anyone who doesn't want to read through every post on this thread.  This is apparently a chronic problem.   Several people are testifying to it happening.  Some people who pull their full TransUnion report via ACR do not get a hard pull, but it has happened to a number of folks in the last year.  In some case with very serious results -- e.g. damaging a mortgage loan app.

Message 21 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

WHY DOES TRANSUNION "FREE" ANNUAL CREDIT REPORT SHOW AS A HARD PULL!!!???!!  This has dropped my redit score! Do we have any recourse? Pulled my free credit report on 1/22/2018.Smiley Mad

Message 22 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a hard pull on TU as well. Has anyone had luck getting this removed?
Message 23 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who do we call? TU? There is not a dispute form for this on their website.
Message 24 of 41
CreditBob
Established Contributor

I have tried everything short of legal action. I would strongly recommended not using ACR for Transunion. Instead use CreditKarma for TU and Equifax. Save ACR for Expetian. 

Message 25 of 41
CreditBob
Established Contributor

No, tried everything short of legal action

Message 26 of 41
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Only use ACR for Experian. Use CreditKarma for Transunion and Equifax. 

Message 27 of 41
CreditBob
Established Contributor

As I stated in the other replies, only use ACR for Experian. You can use CreditKarma for Transunion and Equifax. You also get a free monthly update. Other than short of taking legal action, everyone needs to complain with the Attorney General's office and BBB and the State if their corporate office.  I will be doing this in a few hours right after work. Enough if the nonsense and poor customer service. The inquiry is inaccurate because it is coded as,a hard hit. 

Message 28 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd really like to see if we can get RobertEG to advise us on this.

Message 29 of 41
CreditBob
Established Contributor

I went ahead & rewrote this post. I have been on the phone with a TransUnion Executive. I was told that the 2ND FA DISC inquiry was showing in their system as a soft inquiry. They are working to get to the bottom of this issue. It is possible that Annual Credit Report is possibly the problem itself or something else. I also mentioned many other consumers that have been affected. This issue that I have personally brought to the attention of the credit bureaus has the attention of the top executives at TransUnion . So they are going to get to the bottom of this. I took a photo of the web pages on my own account of MyFico, Credit Karma, & CreditWise through Capital One so that they can see this for themselves as evidence. I wanted to let everyone know that everything that can be done is being done by TransUnion. Even their legal team is a part of this problem solving process. 

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.