Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annual Credit Report Inquiry

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Annual Credit Report Inquiry

I have disputed my inquiry. I will update once I receive a response.
Message 31 of 41
OmarR
Established Contributor

I also just realized that my ACR pull on 01-01-18 was also a hard inquiry.

Also going to dispute.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 32 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can those who are reporting a problem confirm that this has happened solely with TU?  I.e. it does happen with TU and the same person also pulled one at EQ or EX without a hard pull?

Message 33 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cannot. It could be from the free annual report or a report i requested after being denied credit. Either way is is only TU and should not be a hard inquiry.
Message 34 of 41
OmarR
Established Contributor

wrote:

Can those who are reporting a problem confirm that this has happened solely with TU?  I.e. it does happen with TU and the same person also pulled one at EQ or EX without a hard pull?

For me, it was ONLY TU. 

Nothing with the other 2 agencies.

Message 35 of 41
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Transunion is the only one that I have experienced and not Experian or Equifax. And reading the other repsonses others have only experienced Transunion as beoing the issue. I hope that this anwers your question. As soon as I get an answer back from the executives of Transunion I will pass the information on.

Message 36 of 41
OmarR
Established Contributor

So it gets interesting for me.

Websites reporting the ACR pull as a hard pull:

Credit Karma

CreditWise

transunionmonitoring.com

myfico 3B report

But yet when I go to dispute directly with TU, they list it as a soft inquiry. So no dispute option is available. So the real question is, "Does a new potential creditor see the inquiry as hard or soft?"

All very confusing.

Message 37 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

If those third party sites can see the inquiry, then there is always a potential that other lenders treat it as a hard inquiry. I guess you might want to try getting a copy of report directly from TransUnion and save the pdf file, and check from there. If the inquiry lists under this lead note:

"Regular Inquiries are posted when someone accesses your credit information from TransUnion. The presence of an inquiry means that the company listed received your credit information on the dates specified. These inquiries will remain on your credit file for up to 2 years."

Hard inquiries listed in TransUnion credit reportHard inquiries listed in TransUnion credit report

Then consider it a hard inquiry. My personal opinion is that disputes in this case better off go by mail instead of online.

If it indeed shows as a soft even you pulled your very latest TU report, it could be the other third party sites haven't updated yet.

Message 38 of 41
Davis9508
Contributor

Interesting.. I never disputed it. Since I got the mortgage I didn’t worry about it too much but this morning credit karma says it’s been deleted. 🤷‍♀️
Message 39 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today I received the standard form response which described what an inquiry is and how long it remains today. I sent a response letter today. Will update when I have further information.
Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.