cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annual Credit Report Inquiry

Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Annual Credit Report Inquiry

Hey Credit Bob.  I realize now what you meant.  When you said that pulling your own report with ACR is always a soft pull, you meant that it ought to always be a soft pull -- that's the way it is supposed to work -- but in your case it actually isn't working out that way.. 

 

Yep, you are right, it is supposed to always be soft,  I really hope some other people will chime in with their experience.  One of our veteran contributors iv chimed in with the fact that he pulled all three reports via ACR on Sept 30 with all three appearing as soft.

 

I think that all three guys who are reporting a problem on this thread pulled their ACR reports in June/July of this year.  I wonder if the problem was confined to that time period and that since then TU fixed it?

 

The more people who can tell us what their experience is the better.

 

Also you mentioned in your first post "I know that this topic has come up before but the issue remains unresolved."  Do you have a link to any of those Forum discussions where other people talked about this?  I am curious to read those as well.

Message 11 of 18
Valued Member

Re: Annual Credit Report Inquiry

I just pulled mine yesterday, and the same thing is showing up on mine this morning as a hard pull as well.
Scores Jan/Now: EQ 629/640 TU 630/670 EX 638/625
Quicksilver $1900 Discover It $1600 Comenity $5050 Synchrony $4400 Merrick $1100 Frontier World MasterCard $1000
Goal this year: 650 across the board.
Message 12 of 18
New Member

Re: Annual Credit Report Inquiry

I stagger my pulls and for years it’s always in the soft inquiry section. Three times a year from each once. Never once has been a hard I quietly. For a data point.

Trans FICO 8 = 662
Exper FICO 8 = 674. 10/17/2017
Equif FICO 8 = 684

Quicksilver $2500 / Amazon Visa $4000 / overdraft revolve $200

AA of A = 11.4, 7.2, 7.2
Total Acounts = 11, 9, 9
Inquiry = 2, 1, 0
Message 13 of 18
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Annual Credit Report Inquiry


Gardener2016 wrote:
I just pulled mine yesterday, and the same thing is showing up on mine this morning as a hard pull as well.

Is TU the bureau that is doing the hard pull?  If so, did you do an EQ or EX pull with no hard pull?

Message 14 of 18
Valued Member

Re: Annual Credit Report Inquiry

 


CreditGuyInDixie wrote:

Gardener2016 wrote:
I just pulled mine yesterday, and the same thing is showing up on mine this morning as a hard pull as well.

Is TU the bureau that is doing the hard pull?  If so, did you do an EQ or EX pull with no hard pull?


Yes, it was TU. I pulled Equifax, but there is no hard on it for the personal pull. I didn't request EQ.

Scores Jan/Now: EQ 629/640 TU 630/670 EX 638/625
Quicksilver $1900 Discover It $1600 Comenity $5050 Synchrony $4400 Merrick $1100 Frontier World MasterCard $1000
Goal this year: 650 across the board.
Message 15 of 18
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Annual Credit Report Inquiry


Gardener2016 wrote:

 


CreditGuyInDixie wrote:

Gardener2016 wrote:
I just pulled mine yesterday, and the same thing is showing up on mine this morning as a hard pull as well.

Is TU the bureau that is doing the hard pull?  If so, did you do an EQ or EX pull with no hard pull?


Yes, it was TU. I pulled Equifax, but there is no hard on it for the personal pull. I didn't request EQ.


Just so I am 100% clear.... you mean that you pulled Equifax but did not pull Experian.  Right?

 

Thanks for the response.  I really hope we hear from more people on this.

Message 16 of 18
Valued Member

Re: Annual Credit Report Inquiry

Sorry about that. You are correct. I did not pull Experian.


CreditGuyInDixie wrote:

Gardener2016 wrote:

 


CreditGuyInDixie wrote:

Gardener2016 wrote:
I just pulled mine yesterday, and the same thing is showing up on mine this morning as a hard pull as well.

Is TU the bureau that is doing the hard pull?  If so, did you do an EQ or EX pull with no hard pull?


Yes, it was TU. I pulled Equifax, but there is no hard on it for the personal pull. I didn't request EQ.


Just so I am 100% clear.... you mean that you pulled Equifax but did not pull Experian.  Right?

 

Thanks for the response.  I really hope we hear from more people on this.


 

Scores Jan/Now: EQ 629/640 TU 630/670 EX 638/625
Quicksilver $1900 Discover It $1600 Comenity $5050 Synchrony $4400 Merrick $1100 Frontier World MasterCard $1000
Goal this year: 650 across the board.
Message 17 of 18
Frequent Contributor

Re: Annual Credit Report Inquiry

Pull via ACR is supposed to & always should be a soft inquiry. Those of you who have confirmed a hard inquiry must have encountered a glitch with either ACR or TU (maybe both?). For reference I used ACR to pull all 3 in July and did not incur any HP from doing so - exactly how it's supposed to be. Verified via 4 monthly myFICO 3b+ reports and a hardcopy report ordered from each agency this month: no HP inquiries only SP

You need to contact TU to dispute the matter. I STRONGLY suggest doing so via priority mail with delivery confirmation (not certified or return receipt - these don't get processed at the po boxes the way delivery confirmation does). Never dispute online. Mail gives you clear established time lines & records of the conversations.. You can order tracking labels for free from the USPS website (employees in post office sometimes seeing give you any or the correct type) they come in a 50 pack. Having these beforehand, you're able to include the tracking number in the dispute letter you send TU so if needed later on for court or CFPB you have legally admissible evidence they received your letters. They look like thisLABEL400-L0.jpg

 

Fico8 (Nov '17) - EQ 692(+18) TU 678 (+34) EX 691 (+24)
Message 18 of 18