Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annual Credit Report

tag
Kraner
Established Member

Annual Credit Report

Every 4 months I was going to request one of three reports just to make sure all was well. In Novermber I requested the Experian report, got it online no problem. A few weeks ago I wanted to get the Equifax. It said couldn't be delievered online and I had to mail in extra information, so I did it. A few days ago I got the TU and EQ reports and a letter from EX saying I've already asked for a report this year.

Kind of irks me a little bit that even though I requested one they sent out for all three, but there wasn't anything wrong with any of them, so guess I can't complain. Does this happen to other people or does everyone just use myFico for that?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: Annual Credit Report

It's happened to me.

Message 2 of 5
aubie1kenobie2
Frequent Contributor

When you mailed the docs, did you use USPS? I have the same issue and am debating whether I should send the documents since I don't want identity thieves getting to it (esp since the mail is addressed to the credit bureau). Don't know how to go about mailing the documents safely.

Starting Score: No credit history in July 2013, 663 in August (lender pulled)
Current Score: 773 (Discover FICO), 749 (DCU EQ)
Ultimate goal: Buy a house in 2016!
Message 3 of 5
Kraner
Established Member

Reasonable thoughts, people are dumb. I sent it out USPS and got all three reports back the same way, no problems.

Message 4 of 5
Backsightzero

I was very suspect myself about sending info through the mail, but I finally resigned to dropping it in a blue box instead of my home mailbox. TU got it ok, EX got it, decided to update my information from the documents requested, but not send my free report back to me.

I had included both a cover letter stating this was specifically concerning my request for a free report including itemized bulletpoints of which documents were contained AND a copy of their letter requesting my info for obtaining said free report. I started to worry that it HAD been lost in the mail, called them. The gentleman stated they HAD received my info, but there wasn't a request for a report.

He said he would send one out. I did chuckle to myself because the silly thing was, I wrote the letter and included a copy of THEIR request in order to furnish my CR as to avoid this exact situation. Another funny thing happened following that phonecall. I received the CR from the date of the call, then about 14 days later received another one.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.