Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another CA and SOL Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another CA and SOL Question

Sounds like you are very close to SOL and they know it.

I would get a DV letter ready and all the paperwork you have on the original account to show DOFD.
Message 11 of 14
scoppe
New Contributor

Unfortunately I don't have any paperwork on the original account. Can anyone spell b-a-d b-r-e-a-k-u-p? Smiley Wink

So, I'm left with the info that's on the reports I've  been pulling since July.

However, since I'm probably close to SOL, if I DV them, they have to stop all collection activity, right? I'm assuming that "collection activity" would include suing.

Judging by what I've read, their first response seems to be "we understand that you are claiming identity theft". If I DV now, and they send that response, I can then DV again and have stopped any activity for approx 60 days. At the end of all this, I should definitely be past SOL, whether it's 4 or 5 years.

If they sue while it's under a DV, is that another violation?

Starting Score: EQ 650 TU ???
Current Score: EQ 683 TU 777
Goal Score: EQ 750 TU 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much are we talking about here?

If they think it might be ID Theft - unless the $ amount is worth it- they may move on.
Message 13 of 14
scoppe
New Contributor

It's 3k.

From what I've read from others who've DV with  them, their first reply is a form letter saying "we understand that you are claiming identity theft" and asking for info.

A second request for DV, denying that the first request was advising of identity theft, has to be sent out and is finally answered by PR.

Starting Score: EQ 650 TU ???
Current Score: EQ 683 TU 777
Goal Score: EQ 750 TU 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.