Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Cap One Issue

tag
indyhotmama
Regular Contributor

Another Cap One Issue

Here's the situation: I had a cap one account several years ago that was included in bk. I recently opened a new account with them. The old account is showing derogatory on TU credit report I just pulled. Do I need to dispute with CRA or send GW to Cap One? Thanks.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another Cap One Issue

indyhotmama wrote:
Here's the situation: I had a cap one account several years ago that was included in bk. I recently opened a new account with them. The old account is showing derogatory on TU credit report I just pulled. Do I need to dispute with CRA or send GW to Cap One? Thanks.

When was the old Cap 1 account BKed and how is it reporting?

Message 2 of 5
indyhotmama
Regular Contributor

My bk was discharged in 2004.  It is listed as bad debt/co.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would send copies of the BK paperwork to the credit bureaus especially if it was included in the bankruptcy.  Send a copy of discharge letter, list of creditors with Capital One showing that includes their name and your gw letter asking for the deletion.   It worked for me, I got the Tu credit report to prove it.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

indyhotmama wrote:
My bk was discharged in 2004.  It is listed as bad debt/co.

I wouldn't send any BK papers to the CRAs. Don't help them. Make 'em do their job. If they don't wanna verify incorrect info, then they have to delete it.

For a debt included in a BK, and I'm assuming we're talking BK7 here, they have to list it as closed, $0 balance, and they can list IIB (Included In BK). They cannot list late unless it went late before you filed.

I would simply dispute it as inaccurate.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.