Regular Contributor
indyhotmama

Another Cap One Issue

Here's the situation: I had a cap one account several years ago that was included in bk. I recently opened a new account with them. The old account is showing derogatory on TU credit report I just pulled. Do I need to dispute with CRA or send GW to Cap One? Thanks.
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

Re: Another Cap One Issue

indyhotmama wrote:
Here's the situation: I had a cap one account several years ago that was included in bk. I recently opened a new account with them. The old account is showing derogatory on TU credit report I just pulled. Do I need to dispute with CRA or send GW to Cap One? Thanks.

When was the old Cap 1 account BKed and how is it reporting?

Regular Contributor
indyhotmama

My bk was discharged in 2004.  It is listed as bad debt/co.
Established Contributor
myhearts07

I would send copies of the BK paperwork to the credit bureaus especially if it was included in the bankruptcy.  Send a copy of discharge letter, list of creditors with Capital One showing that includes their name and your gw letter asking for the deletion.   It worked for me, I got the Tu credit report to prove it.
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

indyhotmama wrote:
My bk was discharged in 2004.  It is listed as bad debt/co.

I wouldn't send any BK papers to the CRAs. Don't help them. Make 'em do their job. If they don't wanna verify incorrect info, then they have to delete it.

For a debt included in a BK, and I'm assuming we're talking BK7 here, they have to list it as closed, $0 balance, and they can list IIB (Included In BK). They cannot list late unless it went late before you filed.

I would simply dispute it as inaccurate.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}