Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another DV question......

tag
FICOfit
Contributor

Another DV question......

I was told to send a DV to a CA.  Can I still do this if it is not within 30 days of the first notice?  The first notice from the CA was May last year.  Should I still send a DV?  If I do send a DV and the CA cannot validate am I within my rights to have it removed from my CRs even if I didn't dispute within 30 days of the original notice?

I'm confused.

Please help.
05/19/08 TU: 703 EQ:717 EX:710

05/08 TU:660 EQ:710 EX:621
04/08 TU:654 EQ:671 EX:618
3/08 TU:608 EQ:624 EX:623
11/07 TU:564 EQ:555 EX: 560
Goal: 700 club by Dec 2008. Can it be done? Heck yeah!! It's done, let's keep it that way!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another DV question......

Yes.... and Yes -- Send the DV.
Message 2 of 7
future
Frequent Contributor

argonne wrote:
I was told to send a DV to a CA.  Can I still do this if it is not within 30 days of the first notice?  The first notice from the CA was May last year.  Should I still send a DV?  If I do send a DV and the CA cannot validate am I within my rights to have it removed from my CRs even if I didn't dispute within 30 days of the original notice?

I'm confused.

Please help.

it's never to late to dv.  you may have never received the collection letter(could of went to a old,wrong, or different address-you know how ca's do), and may have found out by checking your cr. so yes dv them... the only time when its to later is if you have received a summons from the ca;   and even then i would still try to dv them, although it may not help.... dv them
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

argonne wrote:

I'm confused.

Please help.

This is how the 30 days works:

!/1/2008  you receive a letter from a CA and it is NOT being reporting......you send a DV....they sign for the DV on 1/14/2008.

They can not report until they answer with complete info. on your DV for 30 days from 1/14/2008!!

IF it is on your CR (no matter if you never received a letter or just pulled your CR) They must answer DV letter BUT can keep reporting for 30 days....at which time they must answer DV or stop  reporting.

Many will not answer DV and try to keep reporting after the 30 days. This is when and how the *violations* start.

A CA  has no time limit when they have to answer a DV  BUT they must all collections (reporting) until they do!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 01-22-2008 09:36 PM
Message 4 of 7
FICOfit
Contributor

Okay...now I already sent them a PFD CMRRR which they received yesterday (1/22/08).  Should I go ahead and send the DV as well?  I'm worried about them coming after me for the $$ via judgement (the OC was for $290).  Also I made the mistake of sending them 3 payments last year towards this account (before I found these forums Smiley Wink).  Those payments added up to $150.  Since I sent them payment can I still DV successfully. In other words, because I sent them payment, does that mean i've already acknowledged the debt is valid?  I know I started the SOL over when I made paymentsSmiley Mad

Still confused
05/19/08 TU: 703 EQ:717 EX:710

05/08 TU:660 EQ:710 EX:621
04/08 TU:654 EQ:671 EX:618
3/08 TU:608 EQ:624 EX:623
11/07 TU:564 EQ:555 EX: 560
Goal: 700 club by Dec 2008. Can it be done? Heck yeah!! It's done, let's keep it that way!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for asking a dumb question but I am new here and was wondering what you mean by DV and PFD ??? I have a collection agency that I want to send a payment to but I also want this removed from my Credit Report once i pay them the money. How should I go about this??

Marty 
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mart_In_CT wrote:
Sorry for asking a dumb question but I am new here and was wondering what you mean by DV and PFD ??? I have a collection agency that I want to send a payment to but I also want this removed from my Credit Report once i pay them the money. How should I go about this??

Marty 

Mart,  the SOL in Ct. is 6 years.  This means that if DOLA is past 6 years you can dispute or DV  without fear of being sued!

A CA should always be DVd  before sending a PFD!!!!    DV=  make them prove that they are legally allowed to collect in this state AND that the account belongs to you.

This thread will help you understand some things. It has all the abbrevs that we use and frequently requestions.

A DV  is a debt validation.........PFD  paid for delete     PIF paid in full.

A debt that is PIF  remains on CR for 7 years from DOFD and doesn't help scores.

A PFD   can be for full amount due or less and per agreement will be deleted from CR.

Ct. list of licensed CAs   if you do not find the name here   call and ask....also ask for dates of license!

In Ct. ALL  CAs must be licensed     a CA can not sue ever, they must get an attorney here to do it!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.