Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another GW success

Great job, T!!!!  Keep going!!!
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATULATIONS!!!  That is awesome news for you!  Could you do me and others an enormous favor???  Wouldyou please post the actual GW letter that you used?  ( minus all the private details of course! )

Thanks so much and congrats again!
Message 13 of 18
Takunda1
Established Contributor

johndoe wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!  That is awesome news for you!  Could you do me and others an enormous favor???  Wouldyou please post the actual GW letter that you used?  ( minus all the private details of course! )

Thanks so much and congrats again!

To whom it may concern:

I have been a Citibank customer since 2001 and during that time, I have enjoyed my experience with Citibank greatly. I am writing to see if you would be willing to make a “goodwill” adjustment to your reporting to the three credit agencies. I have a few late payments on the above referenced account, between December 2004 & March 2005.  However for the past two years, I have been an exceptional customer paying on time every month.

Because of my exceptional payment history over the last two years, I would like you to consider removing the negative payments from my credit report. At the time of those late payments, I had just moved from New York to Texas and unfortunately the job I had moved down for didn’t work out. I say that not to justify why the payments were late, but rather to show that the late payments are not a good indicator of my actual credit worthiness. I hope that Citibank is willing to work with me on erasing these marks from my credit reports.

I have been a very happy customer in the past and hope to continue a long relationship with Citibank. Besides credit cards, I also have a bank account with Citibank that has been in good standing since 2001. With today’s credit industry so competitive, I know how important it is to maintain good relationships between creditors and debtors. Citibank has been exceptional in my book so far and I highly recommend it to all my friends and relatives. I hope that you will deeply consider my request and prove once again, why Citibank is heads above the rest.

I do recognize that my request is unique and that it may not be normal policy for Citibank, but I'm hoping that Citibank will remove these late payments from my credit reports. I look forward to your reply

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've decided to go ahead and send out a couple GW letters and see how it goes. I don't think it will make much difference to my scores, but it will make a big difference to how I feel about my CRs!
Message 15 of 18
ariesdreamer
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your GW success! I sent out 10 GWs last month, head from 2 which was denied, so I'm hoping I have much better luck with the others. There's hope still Smiley Very Happy
02/17/2021: 654 (EX), 633 (EQ), 608 (TU)
12/8/2020: 668 (EX), 630 (EQ), 630 (TU)
Message 16 of 18
honeybrook1
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your success!Smiley Happy

I sent a letter similar to yours over the summer to Citi, PO Box 6241.  About a month a so later, I received a letter signed by R.M. Pick that stated that the info they had concerning my delinquencies was correct and that Citi would report the account as disputed to the credit bureaus?!!

What address or contact person did you use? 

Starting Score: 718
Current Score: 718
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 18
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I think the 'key' is to keep sending those gw letters.  I recently had success with BofA and Dillards.  Eventually 'someone' willl say yes.

I'm still waiting for an AU to be removed from DH's CR....3 weeks and counting.  I just disputed it for him.  His score is beginning to really climb.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.