Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another baby step!!

tag
Eric958
Established Contributor

Another baby step!!

Well, Today was a good day. For what ever reason my Eq {fico}rose 10 points from 636-646 as some of you know I've had no luck getting any cards without a big fee attached. well besides my $350 Aspen, $300 Orchard I now have a $500 Home depot card with zero AF! I applied in store as was advised in one of the post I read. I know this is trivial to some of you but this is huge for me! {so just bear with me}:-}I tried for a refi on my truck at the same credit union that wouldn't loan me $300 just last X-mas! The good news is they approved me for $12,000. The bad news is the payoff is $17,000 so I didn't get the loan..If I can't get out of this loan I'll be paying 2x what it's worth!Lesson learned. I don't think I'll be applying for any credit for a while but it is good to know that we can actually work and make changes to improve our credit. Just be patient, be focused on the task at hand and pay attention to the pro's in this forum. Thanks for all of your support. E!

Never Give Up!!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Another baby step!!

Congrats!

---
Message 2 of 7
Eric958
Established Contributor

Thanks Tuscani, My CU called today an offered a $1500 personal loan although they couldn't approve the car loan! So all in all its cool.. E!

Never Give Up!!
Message 3 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Good deal!
Message 4 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Hang in there and keep working at it.

It is a little like a 10 step program   Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 7
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

YES!  Of all the cards I have, now, I love my Home Depot card the best!  Do you know they don't charge over the limit fees?  Er ... not that you'll ever want to go over the limit, of course -- but if you do ... 

Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 7
Eric958
Established Contributor

That's good to know,

Thanks.

Never Give Up!!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.