Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another victim of PAM - DC ticket mess, need advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another victim of PAM - DC ticket mess, need advice

I saw the other thread re: "7 year traffic ticket", but needed to get advice on a different situation.  Like everyone else dealing with this, I received a Derog on my CR for an unpaid ticket that I never received, and for which the CA (PAM) didn't even notify me about prior to putting the Derog on the CR.  I had already put in an online dispute at EX.

Well what should appear in my mail today but a collection letter from the CA. I know I probably should go ahead and do a DV, but should I wait for the results of the online dispute before proceeding?

Is it not illegal to Derog a CR prior to notifying someone of the debt?  Can the CA be held liable for this?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
annah
Contributor

Re: Another victim of PAM - DC ticket mess, need advice

As far as I know it is illegal, yes.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can not prove that they didn't send you a letter UNLESS they reported way before they bothered to send it.................DV them  CMRRR   and be sure to include that you want complete vin and license #!!  
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

my dc ticket was from 2000 it was put on my experian report in 11-29-2007 disputed with ex it was removed within two weeks
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.