Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another week, another lack uf updates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another week, another lack uf updates

I grow ever impatient ... I am waiting for my scores to increase to do a few things, recently one of which may be shopping for a mortgage. 

Not one update in all of March ... last update was for December .... since then my util has gone WAY down plus that's 3 mos of good history ...

COME ON BUREAUS!!  REPORT ALREADY! 
I talked to my CCC and to my CU -- both assure me that they are reporting to the bureaus ... why wouldn't they update then?  Do the bureaus save up the updates and do them all at once at some later time?  Why do I have th efeeling if I blew off a payment, that would show IMMEDATELY.  INQs do ...

As I've said before, I've learned many things from the MyFico folks ... patience is my last lesson to master!!!  I have none!! LOL
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another week, another lack uf updates

Dang-

My accounts are updating as normal-
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you waiting for ScoreWatch or Quarterly Monitoring to tell you that there's been an update? I'm becoming convinced that these don't usually catch updates unless you've got something like a new account added to your report.

I hate to suggest paying the money to pull another report, but doing so may ease your mind. A least there's a 25% off coupon right now.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

meadmaker wrote:
Are you waiting for ScoreWatch or Quarterly Monitoring to tell you that there's been an update? I'm becoming convinced that these don't usually catch updates unless you've got something like a new account added to your report.

I hate to suggest paying the money to pull another report, but doing so may ease your mind. A least there's a 25% off coupon right now.

...or subscribe to a daily puller so you don't have to pay for scores just to see when things update.

Sorry, myFICO.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I'm waiting for updates, I've been pulling every other week ... since my bank uses TU,  I've done  3 weekly pulls for them ... no change.  UGH!  My student loan is reporting OK ... just nothing else. 

I guess at this point I have nothing left to do but dispute the balances on my accts ... there has been such significant payment activity on my part -- I don't know if its worth it to dispute or just wait it out ...

As an aside,  my current TU Util is reporting as 56% (which I cannot replicate to save my life), when it reports my recent payment activity (which should get it down to below 20%), what can I expect as a bump?  I'm at TU 655 now and hopign to get to 680 which is the magic number my bank gave me ...
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

...or subscribe to a daily puller so you don't have to pay for scores just to see when things update.

Can you tell me where to find such a thing? That's what I thought I was getting with ScoreWatch.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Can you tell me where to find such a thing? That's what I thought I was getting with ScoreWatch.

I know, right?  I've yet to figure out what triggers ScoreWatch ...
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

With ScoreWatch you get score alerts, and two free pulls of your myFICO EQ report per year.  There are many, many services that offer daily pulls of all three reports (without the FICO scores) for a modest monthly fee.  I use TrueCredit (a service of TransUnion) and CreditSecure (a service of Experian available to Amex cardholders).  Both of these services allow you to pull all three reports once a day.  There are lots of other services like this, as well, but I don't know much about the other ones.

Services like these are great for finding out when your report is updated with new information, which can help you time your FICO pulls in a cost-efficient way.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Cheddar for that info.

I filed my dispute with TU today at the request of my bank ... lets hope this all gets taken care of quickly ...

Thanks for the advice, all Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
dragnldy
Regular Contributor

I'm beginning to wonder why I bought SW.  In the two months I've had it, my scores have jumped around and I've only received one alert.  I just paid to pull to see the score from a deletion and my EQ went up 17pts, but had no alert even though my settings are what are recommended.  Frustrating...
Ficos
3/7/08 TU-646 EQ-640 EX-650
3/17/09 TU-678 EQ 666
3/20/12 TU- 760 EQ 785
Util almost 0 and baddies all gone! now to gardening!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.