Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Advise on Repairing Credit/Raising Scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any Advise on Repairing Credit/Raising Scores

Hello all, I have been on here for a couple days and have found lots of good information, but I think I have to get back to the basics.  Here is my situation:  discharged Ch7 BK in August 2007 and started disputing all information on CRs.  At these scores I had 1 report (EX) almost completed and has since completed correcting.  Judgments deleted, anything else either marked included in BK or deleted.  Husbands were still being worked.  Since EQ just marked everything as being included in BK, nothing deleted.  Just got TU disputed this week, so the outcome is who knows right now.

10/09/2007 FICOs

self                 husband
EX  564                 555
EQ 524                 520
TU  534                 481                                 

Since receiving these scores, husbands report is now showing an auto loan in good standing for 4 months.  Wells Fargo offered us a reaffirm agreement we couldn't pass up, took 9,000 off loan, cut interest from 13.5 to 8 %, cut payment by more than 50%.  And we had a co-signer on it and they agreed to not pursue the co-signer for deficient amount.

We have tried appliying for credit cards to start raising the scores per the advise received from a credit repair speciallist recommended by a mortgage broker, using many recommendations from this site.  All have been denials, except Orchard has offered a secured card, but they do not accept debit cards for the savings account, and are awaiting a response from Target.

So now I am stopping where I am at and asking for any good advise possible on where to go next.  Our goal and the reason for filing BK was with the hopes of buying a house.  And we need a score of 620 to do that.  The sooner the better.  We are in a lease until Feb so we want to start looking soon with the hopes of only having to move one last time. 

Thank you to everyone who has been where I am and to anyone who may know anyone who is where I am or been there.  It is greatly appreciated.

sinkerslingers

Message Edited by sinkerslingers on 10-25-2007 11:38 PM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any Advise on Repairing Credit/Raising Scores

sinker, I think it was a smart move on your part to put a halt on your efforts to get a cc. It'll give you time to better educate yourself, and determine where exactly you all are at this point in time. Smiley Happy

There IS life after bankruptcy, for sure. Have you been reading all the great info this form has in its Bankruptcy section? If not, then imo that's where you should be hanging out.

You are out of BK, and are seeking to re-establish your credit, and credit worthiness. A good way to do that, imo, is to join a credit union and become involved with them. Start a savings acct. with them. Establish a working relationship with someone there. One where you can visit with them face to face. THEN, after you establish a rapport, apply for a cc with them. They are MUCH more lenient than a bank.

There's also a thread in the CC section of forum called "BK Friendly Credit Cards Listed", complete with links. Read the entire section then start clicking on the links, and read all you can about a certain ccc or CU.

Just my thoughts. Good luck to you. Smiley Happy

(I'm gonna have to learn to quite being so wordy, lol. but what can I say)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.