cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Class Action Lawsuits against FICO out there?

tag
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Re: Any Class Action Lawsuits against FICO out there?

@trdmlc wrote:

If we got rid of FICO, then I'd have to find a new message board to spend hours a day browsing through.Smiley Tongue

Maybe we could call it the BS forum. Smiley Very Happy

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 21 of 40
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, I don't get your point.  I said over 50 years.  Someone used it back then.  Maybe not your everyday consumer.

Just thought you would be interested in the actual dates. 

Still don't get your point.  FICO was developed in the late 1950s as a credit score for investors. Any complaints from them?

For the general consumer they started using it in 1970 which was 40 years ago.  Any complaints from them?

Don't try to make more out of it than what I said.  No matter who used it 50 years ago, and it was over 50 years ago, I have read of no complaints from that era of FICO.

That was my point.  Period.

Message 22 of 40
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

Don't try to make more out of it than what I said.  No matter who used it 50 years ago, and it was over 50 years ago, I have read of no complaints from that era of FICO.

Sounds like you have  trouble  being corrected?   I was trying to give you and the forum some "factual" dates out of courtesy.   Quit being defensive and act like an adult. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 23 of 40
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

Sounds like you have  trouble  being corrected?   I was trying to give you and the forum some "factual" dates out of courtesy.   Quit being defensive and act like an adult. 

Actually, I have no problems being corrected at all, as long as you can back up your statement.   What are you trying to correct?  Are you saying that I am wrong and FICO did not start over 50 years ago?   How am I wrong?  If you are going to "correct" me and give me "factual dates"  at least let me know where I made a mistake. 

I am not being defensive.   You keep sidesteping my question.  Where was I wrong. 

Message 24 of 40
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

guiness56 wrote:

FICO has been around for over 50 years.  No one seemed to complain about it back then. 

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Fair Isaac Corporation, known as FICO, created the first credit scoring system in 1958, for American Investments, and the first credit scoring system for a bank credit card in 1970, for American Bank and Trust.[3]

In my original post,  I was showing that credit scoring for consumers  didn't "start"  until 1970.  You "assumed"  I was criticizing you when I wasn't.  So, it's your problem, not mine.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
last app 2/15
Message 25 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally, I understood Imhotrodcrazy's post the first time - it was just providing additional facts, it was not disputing that Fico scores have been around for decades with no complaints. I took it as a "point of information" type post, not an argument or a correction. I think you misinterpreted it, Guiness ...

Message 26 of 40
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Personally, I understood Imhotrodcrazy's post the first time - it was just providing additional facts, it was not disputing that Fico scores have been around for decades with no complaints. I took it as a "point of information" type post, not an argument or a correction. I think you misinterpreted it, Guiness ...

You think, I think, he thinks.  That is why everyone is different and have different opinions and views and interpretations of things.  I get it now that it was informational.  I did  not get it when he originally posted it.

Message 27 of 40
marty56
Super Contributor

I don't think there is really an basis for a class action lawsuit against FICO.  They don't deny you credit or cause your interest rates to go up.  It is the credit card/mortgage/auto loan company that does that.  The underlining content of you CR is what control your interest rates and approval of credit.

Has anyone here been a victim of say  AA based on their FICO score or was it based on and underlying change to their CR?

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 28 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

HotRod, Its their job to twist your words. They are FICO employees or work for a PR firm that FICO uses. Ebay (admittedly) played the same game for the longest time. They had under contract professional companies that Moderate and use "Cheerleader" posters....Its very common on corporate sponsored message boards. Its best to ignore them as everything you post they will hack up what you post into something different. Think about it, Why would an average person become a "super poster" on a corporate run message board unless they had some vested or monetary reason......or absolutely no life what-so-ever....LMAO

Message 29 of 40
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

HotRod, Its their job to twist your words. They are FICO employees or work for a PR firm that FICO uses. Ebay (admittedly) played the same game for the longest time. They had under contract professional companies that Moderate and use "Cheerleader" posters....Its very common on corporate sponsored message boards. Its best to ignore them as everything you post they will hack up what you post into something different. Think about it, Why would an average person become a "super poster" on a corporate run message board unless they had some vested or monetary reason......or absolutely no life what-so-ever....LMAO

If by "They are FICO employees or work for a PR firm that FICO uses", you are suggesting that many of the posters here are associated with FI, please see my comments in the other thread to your very similar post.

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.